• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Flixster problems

Hi all I'm new to the forum and new to tablets I've set up a flixster account for some digital movies but can't seem to stream any of the movies . My kids own an iPad and a a500 and can stream the movies no problem the only thing I can think is can it be to do with android 4.0 , please help

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Let's see if we can get started on working this problem.

Please list some specific symptoms of the problem that you are seeing. For example, list whether or not you are using the Flixter app, whether or not the Flixter app crashes, fails to start, hangs, runs slow, etc.

Using the Flixter app on Android is provides a much better overall experience than does using a browser (with Flash Player). The Flash Player on Android is by nature limited, and performance varies greatly depending on the content.

More general tips: Consider a clean boot immediately before running the app. You may also want to test your network speed using Speedtest from the Play store if you have not tried that. You may want to test some other streaming services, such as the YouTube app, to determine whether or not it is merely a problem with Flixter.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 07-02-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello mrhelp , basically when I click on the watch now on the flixster android app it goes into initializing and then nothing , I've uninstalled the app done a factory reboot just in case I've accidentally done something wrong with my tablet settings , the only other thing I was going to do was set flixster up again with a different account also I can watch any trailers no problem ????

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by denboy View Post
    Hello mrhelp , basically when I click on the watch now on the flixster android app it goes into initializing and then nothing , I've uninstalled the app done a factory reboot just in case I've accidentally done something wrong with my tablet settings , the only other thing I was going to do was set flixster up again with a different account also I can watch any trailers no problem ????
    What you describe is consistent with a problem people were encountering with rooted devices.

Found a reference to this issue at XDA: Flixster Ultraviolet streaming - xda-developers

This appears related also: [REF] What Apps won't work on ROOTed Phones / Work Around / FAST UNROOT - Re-Root - xda-developers

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links