• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Acer A700 announced and same price as A510?

Endadget just posted about preorder launch and starting price, is apparently $450 for the 32GB. I would have expected to be 75 to 100 higher, but maybe they are trying not to encroach iPad 3?

It will be interesting to see how hot the right gets since same big battery, so same piping of heat to the right. A lot more pixels for the gpu to produce and push data. Seems it should get significantly hotter. If not, seems a newer gpu design, or the A510 has a design issue.

Perhaps the A510 might drop in price, or be positioned as a longer battery life option. The A700 will probably last at least an hour less.
    Last edited by rushmore; 06-13-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I certainly hope it is $450. I was going to order me a 510 next week. I will hold off and get this bad boy once the preorders begin.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Looks interesting but I think I'll end up staying with the ol a500. Been running ics with no issues for awhile now. I've been very pleased with it and it does make me want to still purchase a future acer tab.

With all the new acer models coming out, this place should continue growing. Unfortunately, there's starting to be so many that I can't contribute like I used to. Such is the way of life in the tech world.
    Acer Iconia A500:

ROM List | KERNEL List | RECOVERY List

​Current ROM:
    TegraOwners ICS v170

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Another thing to consider is the current touch issues in the A510 could be exacerbated with the higher res display.

Toshiba Excite is already noticeably better.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Unless they drop the price of the A510, not sure how these two models will exist together. Hopefully they will drop the A510 to 399.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my a700 yesterday and the right runs very hot...especially when charging. It doesn't seem like the battery holds up that well either. I also find the keyboard has a slight delay. I just got a galaxy 2 a couple weeks ago and then saw this so figured I would get this and give the other one to my dad for fathers day but even though the screen is nice the heat is not something I can live with. It also shipped with a missing pixel. I bought it on prorder at amazon. I thought I was lucky getting one early but I guess not.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That would be really cool, I can't wait to use A700. I have heard many rumors about it, It have damn brilliant touch, smart user controls, damn simple to use and there are many other more cool features which makes it different and cool from others.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links