• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Battery life

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Battery life

This thread is for posting the battery life. I think it will be useful to get and idea of what is the battery time in real life usage. Acer stated that we should get about 15 hour from one charge, but when i asked them how did they reach this figure, they responded that by putting the tablet in an idle state (i presume with the screen on) and letting the battery drain.

I managed to get about 8 hours max of screen time with web browsing, some flash videos and gaming (this was with the screen brightness set to minimum). In sleep mode, the battery drains about 6-7% in 10 hours.
    Claire likes this.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Redwood Valley, NorCal(97--)/Pocatello,ID(90-97)/SoCal Born N Raised(71-90)
    Liked
    44 times
    Those company tests are always done under ideal conditions in a lab, real world usage is going to be different. I will say, however that this Tablet blows every other one out there our of the water on battery life, I can go for what seems for a while before it will even drop below 100%.
    http://www.nwprr.net (Northwestern Pacific RR, Inc., serves the North Coast of CA)
    http://www.amtrak.com America's Passenger Rail Network since 1971!
    http://www.up150.com (Union Pacific RR, celebrating their 150th Anniv. in 2012)
    http://www.isu.edu (Idaho State University)

Current Device-Acer Iconia Tab A700

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I only charge it every other day.... I do a decent amount of surfing reading playing each day. The only other device that hasn't required an every night charge was the cr-48. This is the best tablet battery... hands down.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I agree, the battery is phenomenal. I never turn off wifi or gps. I game, use dropbox for work all the time, issue surveys in the field, etc. My tablet is almost always tethered to my Vibrant for nets on the go. My Vibrant drains like a civ and stays plugged in. I can 'forget' my tablet's charger at home and not worry.
    "There is no such thing as TMI on the internet."

Acer A510 AIO Toolbox @ AcerTabletForums: Updated 5/23/2012

Acer A510 AIO Toolbox @ XDA: Updated 5/23/2012

The Vape Apes
    Premier Vaping eLiquids and eJuices
    www.thevapeapes.com

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    10 hour with web browsing,and some video,no gaming.
    Claire likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I get around 6 hours of usage for each charge

Issues with charging. It never reaches 100% even if it is left for charging all night

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I got to use the tablet more this weekend and it seems that the battery usage time increased by 1-2 hours. Maybe it took some charging cycles to reach it's full capacity.
    About the issue with the battery never reaching 100%, it happend to me also on some ocassion and it seems that even with the tablet turned off, it still drains about 1% of the battey in serveral hours.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I discovered that the my tablet isn't really fully charged when it hits "100%" on the battery meter. When I first got mine, I charged it until it hit 100%, and I got less than 6 hours of use. So, I let it charge for a much longer time that my first two cycles, and I got about 10 hours of use out of it in a day, browsing, working with spreadsheets, watching movies off of the sd card. The ongoing problem, though, was battery drain on standby. I was losing about 6-7% overnight, which corresponds to around 20% in a 24 hour day. I decided that Acer hasn't designed a very good power management setup. As a comparison, we also have a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 which loses practically no battery on standby and can last for weeks on a single charge. Yesterday I downloaded the free version of Battery Booster for tablets, and it has reduced my standby battery loss to 0-1% in the same amount of time. Seems like a good app, and now everything is working well.
    Last edited by danielg5; 05-24-2012 at 08:15 AM.
    rockerbox likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    danielg5:
    great tip! i just installed Battery Booster for tablets and it seems to work great. i really like it

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i just installed Battery Booster for tablets when the battery is full ... I looked up the voltage and it came up to 4. + Volts what do other have?.
    rockerbox likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links