• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HDMI output

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by keiraross21 View Post
    Is their any Android Tablet that have HDMI output?
    Acer A110

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by keiraross21 View Post
    Is it a good tablet with all the features...
    I don't know what your definition of all the features are. The A110 is a seven inch tablet running jellybean and has wifi, an HDMI out, and will take an SD card. I have nothing to compare it to because this is the first android device I have owned. I bought it because of the HDMI out, would take the SD card, and it was reasonably priced. So far I have been happy with it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by c2j2 View Post
    It's a bit late, but maybe someone finds that thread again
    Yes, the port is very difficult. I tried two different cables, and it's really hard to plug them so that it works.
    But then, if it works, the 720p display mode shows just 95 % of the screen area. And it's a bit reddish... So I will most likely never use HDMI. It's disappointing.
    I've found that how snug it is seems to depend on how well made the micro hdmi end of the cable is, and weight/strain that the rest of the cable puts on that micro hdmi end.

I have tried 4 things from worst to best:
    a) super cheapy stubby ~1 inch male micro hdmi to female hdmi adaptor, lightweight long regular hmdi cable to tv.
    - forget it. even the lightweight cable puts too much strain on that stubby little adaptor.
    b) super cheapy long male micro hdmi to male hdmi cable
    - cheapy micro hdmi end didn't fit snug and was too loose, keeps loosing signal
    c) avg quality male micro hdmi to male hdmi cable; ends/cable is thinner/lightweight so as not to strain the micro hdmi end and the micro hdmi end fit snug.
    - this was the original cable I already had - it works great, but my cable was only 4 feet long and too short to get to tv, didn't want to pay big bucks for similar quality long one.
    d) male micro hdmi to female hdmi adaptor; micro hdmi end is small and it fits snug and it has a very thin 6 inch cable in between the 2 ends of the adaptor so not to put strain on the micro hdmi end, then used lightweight long hdmi cable to tv. works perfect.

So, basically I found it depends on the cable, try to find one where the micro hdmi end fits snug and rest of the cable doesn't put strain on it...
    Last edited by chessman; 01-19-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Ads