• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: acer a510 screen not sensitive

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BethyM View Post
    Mark, It's been a long time since the update. If I recall, I had some reboots prior to the update that were corrected with it. The fact that we can solve this sensitivity problem with a software toggle means it's 100% correctable with a software update. This tablet runs great, and so I'm willing to do the bandaid fix while we wait for the update. I'm sure it will come. Probably the most disappointing thing is the low volume on it and lack of dev support but it frankly does what I want so don't really know what I would "want" from a custom rom.
    I'd actually love to slap CM9 on this tablet. But for now, yes, the firmware is good enough. And with root, I can disable almost all apps (including Equiview and the Acer Ring) which previously didn't allow me to disable.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I applied the update and am now experiencing the same screen sensitivity issues that everyone else is. No particular reagion seems overly affected, but lighter taps don't work about 50% of the time in any place. I have switched the delay setting as noted in this thread and it does seem to help, but it is indeed pretty annoying.

Mark

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I actually don't feel any improvements when changing the delay setting.

But. Toggling the screen sensitivity every reboot works.
    But yeah, annoying still.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't seem to be having any issues with screen sensitivity. Screen taps are instant, scrolling is smooth , pinch & zooming is nice. My device was bought in UK last week & came with ICS out of the box.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have just bought the tablet and have the same problem. Your solutions here work to some degree. Anyway i contacted tech support and they say that the ptoblem may be caused by a defective digitizer ... whatever it is. They also said i should give it for servicing. So its not an issue with software. Does anyone still have this problem?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I thought I was going mad as this is exactly wahtI've only had my A510 a few days. Just read this and my tab isnt with me at the moment so will try the suggestions tonight. Like a few people, I have a generic screen protector and a case. The settings reset everytime the tab is rebooted is a bit naff but at least Acer have acknowleged there is a problem. How quick are they at getting software updates/fixes out?

Edit: OK I've changed the recommended settings and there does seem to be an improvement but only in landscape orientation. In portrait the back/menu icons in the bottom left corner are very unresponsive and it takes a while before they "warm up" and become useable.
    Last edited by IainH; 07-16-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I sent mine in for service, got it back today....still the same. They said they did an o.s. update and everything was OK. I don't think they did anything at at all....

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What version of the OS are you operating, and the build number?

The general conclusion is that it's a software issue, and that a firmware update (release in much of Europe, but for some reason still not here in North America) has fixed it.

Mark

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ver. 4.0.3
    Build number: Acer_AV041_A510_1.076.00_PA_CUS1

Thanks in advanced for whatever info you can share.....

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The "latest" version being OTA updated in parts of Europe is build 1.098, which apparently fixes the touch issue. You have 1.076, and I have 1.078 (I'm in Canada) on my A510. Best advice is patience, the update seems to be recieved warmly on the European forums where users are getting the update so I'm hoping we'll see it soon.

As it happens though, I see a sale today dropping the A700 price down to $420. I bought my A510 for $400 and can still return it. Wondering if I should...

Mark

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links