• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: acer a510 screen not sensitive

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Same here as far as settings.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks

on our french board, it seems that a good option was to modify in the accessibility panel, the delay to long, and the sensitivity of the panel (in display) to high
    It helped with the issue, thank you very much.

Edit: After some test the problem come back again.
    Last edited by tauorus; 05-31-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have the A510 and Toshiba Excite. The Excite has far better touch response that really stands out when using the virtual pad when playing MAME Reloaded.

Same for all other emulators I have tried. Shame about the light bleed though on the Excite.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi all,
    i've had my a510 for about 3 weeks now and i've been looking for an answer to the screen sensitiity that we all seem to share. question #1, does everyone have a screeen protector? i'm on my third "brand," without a screen protector, i can have my a510 flat on a table and the touch screen would be fine. with the screen protector, i have a helluva time getting response from the home or the apps icons.
    the "long" on touch and hold delay and "high" on touch panel seemed to work at first setting, but when i turned the tab off and then on, it was back to poor sensitivity. the tab definitely cannot be laying flat. i'm not sure if it does need to be touched from the backside, or a little bit on "inclined." But it's definitely bugging the crap out of me.....

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coffadd View Post
    hi all,
    i've had my a510 for about 3 weeks now and i've been looking for an answer to the screen sensitiity that we all seem to share. question #1, does everyone have a screeen protector? i'm on my third "brand," without a screen protector, i can have my a510 flat on a table and the touch screen would be fine. with the screen protector, i have a helluva time getting response from the home or the apps icons.
    the "long" on touch and hold delay and "high" on touch panel seemed to work at first setting, but when i turned the tab off and then on, it was back to poor sensitivity. the tab definitely cannot be laying flat. i'm not sure if it does need to be touched from the backside, or a little bit on "inclined." But it's definitely bugging the crap out of me.....
    After a reboot try going into display/touch sensitivity and switching it from whatever is set at to something else then back to whichever setting you prefer. This must be done after every reboot until Acer fixes the issue.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks,i`ll try that before i take the screen protector off again. so do you think/believe this is just a software issue?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coffadd View Post
    thanks,i`ll try that before i take the screen protector off again. so do you think/believe this is just a software issue?
    I think so. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    confirmed. thanks a lot , you saved me a screen protector. reboots somehow mess up the settings in a strange way...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried a generic Write-Rite screen protector from Walmart although it worked for my A500 the A510 hated it. No response at all in the edges. I lifted up one corner and response was fine. I then tried clear contact paper, still lousy response. I then tried plastic food wrap as it is super thin, it worked but I wouldn't trust food wrap anyway. There is Dynaflow Liquid Armor, but if it doesn't work you cannot remove it. At least we have Gorilla Glass. Acer needs to do an update anyway as this screen is not anywhere close to the A500. I will not lose sensitivity for screen protection.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zalazin View Post
    I tried a generic Write-Rite screen protector from Walmart although it worked for my A500 the A510 hated it. No response at all in the edges. I lifted up one corner and response was fine. I then tried clear contact paper, still lousy response. I then tried plastic food wrap as it is super thin, it worked but I wouldn't trust food wrap anyway. There is Dynaflow Liquid Armor, but if it doesn't work you cannot remove it. At least we have Gorilla Glass. Acer needs to do an update anyway as this screen is not anywhere close to the A500. I will not lose sensitivity for screen protection.
    thanks for verifying my issue with screen protectors....changing the settings do help, but what's bugging me now is that shutting down the tab nullifies the settings even though they still selected. and you have to reselect those settings again. i would have never thought of doing that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links