• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: acer a510 screen not sensitive

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I confirm that Acer A510 Android version: 4.0.3 Kernel version: 2.6.394+ Image version: Acer_AV041_510_RV28RC06_PA_CA - has same issue with screen sensitivity. When held vertically works fine especially when you touch the back of the tablet with one finger. Sited horizontally the sensitivity drops a lot sometimes looks locked ...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up

Screen sensitivity becomes a hit and miss if (mainly miss) if my hand does not touch back of the tablet.
    Acer 510 does it have touch sensitive back.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I if lay my tablet flat on its back it feels like the tablet is locked up but when I use two fingers it moves the screen or if i put a couple fingers touching the back it kinda unlocks the screen. I played with a Asus tf300 yesterday and it also kinda unresponsive like the Acer must be in the rom and Google better get it together if they want to compete with the ipad
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 06-04-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Removed profaity

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Redwood Valley, NorCal(97--)/Pocatello,ID(90-97)/SoCal Born N Raised(71-90)
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BENETNATH View Post
    on our french board, it seems that a good option was to modify in the accessibility panel, the delay to long, and the sensitivity of the panel (in display) to high
    That helped, thanks! I have a feeling something in the update messed with the sensitivity, hopefully Acer will address this in a future update.
    http://www.nwprr.net (Northwestern Pacific RR, Inc., serves the North Coast of CA)
    http://www.amtrak.com America's Passenger Rail Network since 1971!
    http://www.up150.com (Union Pacific RR, celebrating their 150th Anniv. in 2012)
    http://www.isu.edu (Idaho State University)

Current Device-Acer Iconia Tab A700

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thx Goes To Experto from our german forum. ..He deactivates the App Aupeo and the touch sensitivity is back again like before the System update. ..

Please have a look here ...

Erstes Systemupdate von Acer ist da Acer_AV041_A510_RV28RC04 - Seite 7 - Android-Hilfe.de - Erstes Systemupdate von Acer ist da Acer_AV041_A510_RV28RC04 - Seite 7 - Android-Hilfe.de

Greetz
    Last edited by badticket; 05-23-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    no response ? Boring info that the sense is back again ??? .

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Just saw a little bit ago. Thanks for sharing, seemed to improve things for me!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    did smdy try that to fix the issue ?
    I never had an issue with the touchscreen until I put the skinomi screen protector on it. All I had to then was set the sensitivity in display from medium to high and now its just like it was before which was good. I also got the mitab case cover at the same time so I don't touch the back of the panel anymore. It sits in my lap mostly just a lil inverted. I like both of the products so far I just wish I could get an actual case for it like a ballistics or something instead of a leather cover

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    on our french board, it seems that a good option was to modify in the accessibility panel, the delay to long, and the sensitivity of the panel (in display) to high
    I just did this too. Set "delay" to "long" and set "sensitivity" to "high"
    I will play for a while and see how it goes.
    "There is no such thing as TMI on the internet."

Acer A510 AIO Toolbox @ AcerTabletForums: Updated 5/23/2012

Acer A510 AIO Toolbox @ XDA: Updated 5/23/2012

The Vape Apes
    Premier Vaping eLiquids and eJuices
    www.thevapeapes.com

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've had some issues with lack of touch response here as well from time to time. I'm currently using high sensitivity and short in accessibility. I disabled the app recommended a few posts above and that seemed to help but the issue is still present at times. I've got a burex slim leather case on and when I've got it set in one of the groove slots without touching the back of the tab the top right corner and bottom left can be very unresponsive. When that happens I turn the screen off then back on and it works much better. Hopefully this can be fixed software wise. Really nice tablet otherwise though as I haven't had one reboot since I got it like 2 weeks ago.

Edit: after some more testing it seems as though this tab really wants to be touched on the back for the screen to work right. Siting it on my coffee table it just doesn't want to respond properly.

Edit 2: OK after a little more trial and error high sensitivity and medium touch and hold delay seem to yield the best results thus far for me even while not touching the back if the device.
    Last edited by hyatari; 05-28-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links