• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone else having a number of issues with their A510?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    How about using a third party app like Juice Defender to save some battery life. Try the free version out first and see how you like it.

-end of line-
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the suggestion RobKort, but it doesn't seem like we should have to depend on third party apps that were designed for phones running froyo to get somewhere near the claimed battery life of this tablet. The ads and hype about this tablet indicated that this thing would give 10-15 hours of screen time. Obviously that would probably be at low brightness, but it seem like I should get more than 5 hours. I had an A500 for a year and never used juice defender. I haven't really used the A510 any differently than I did the A500, but my battery just completely ran to 0% after 5:36 of screen on time. More than half of that time was at 20% or less brightness. My A500 had better battery life than that, and it was rated on the lower end of battery life among 1st gen honeycomb tablets. Has anyone else experienced such short battery life??

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    It could also be that you just have a defective unit. 5 hours seen very low to start with. Other then a factory reset, your best bet is to call Acer.

-end of line-
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Redwood Valley, NorCal(97--)/Pocatello,ID(90-97)/SoCal Born N Raised(71-90)
    Liked
    44 times
    I've noticed better battery life with the new firmware, not that the old firmware was horrible but it is lasting longer now.
    http://www.nwprr.net (Northwestern Pacific RR, Inc., serves the North Coast of CA)
    http://www.amtrak.com America's Passenger Rail Network since 1971!
    http://www.up150.com (Union Pacific RR, celebrating their 150th Anniv. in 2012)
    http://www.isu.edu (Idaho State University)

Current Device-Acer Iconia Tab A700

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've posted on XDA too, but I can try it here also

I have the following issues:

- sometimes unresponsive touchscreen (before 1st factory reset)
    - flickering screen (also after factory reset)
    - random crashes
    - slow lockscreen show up (when i press the button, screen shows up after 2-3 seconds (after 1st factory reset, and also right out of the box)
    - games don't work (temple run aren't responsive to slides, airport city buttons don't work, I can only press a button in that game when I place one finger on the button and click with another finger).

No OTA for me yet because I have the WW_GEN version so I can't blame te update. Acer said I had to RMA the tablet but I don;t want that, I think it can be fixed with an (good) update.

I think they placed the tablet too fast on the market without proper testing.. it doesn't seem like hardware issues but only software...

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Redwood Valley, NorCal(97--)/Pocatello,ID(90-97)/SoCal Born N Raised(71-90)
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by farris View Post

- random crashes
    - slow lockscreen show up (when i press the button, screen shows up after 2-3 seconds (after 1st factory reset, and also right out of the box)
    - games don't work (temple run aren't responsive to slides, airport city buttons don't work, I can only press a button in that game when I place one finger on the button and click with another finger).

No OTA for me yet because I have the WW_GEN version so I can't blame te update. Acer said I had to RMA the tablet but I don;t want that, I think it can be fixed with an (good) update.

I think they placed the tablet too fast on the market without proper testing.. it doesn't seem like hardware issues but only software...
    I didn't have any of those issues with the original firmware, I hope they can get you fixed up.
    http://www.nwprr.net (Northwestern Pacific RR, Inc., serves the North Coast of CA)
    http://www.amtrak.com America's Passenger Rail Network since 1971!
    http://www.up150.com (Union Pacific RR, celebrating their 150th Anniv. in 2012)
    http://www.isu.edu (Idaho State University)

Current Device-Acer Iconia Tab A700

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

- random crashes

Farris.... wait for update. I had those things before update, not after. With any new equipment, there will be bugs that need worked out. Software is complex .... its a great tablet if you can hang out through the growing pain :-)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey Guys I ended up buying a asus tf300 but sent that back as well. It did have much better screen accuracy and responsiveness but the screen was plagued by white spots around the edges. Also while web browsing it was slower and would lock up for a few seconds at a time before it became responsive again.

I too think this os was not ready for primetime.

But I did find something on the asus that may help you acer guys. In the settings there was a setting that may have been specific to the asus but it allowed you to turn off the wifi while in standby. It might help with standby battery drain. i know when i had the A510 mine was pretty severe. I also have found that if you hold power and volume down you can take screen grabs. I know it's in the center green button but that was another way.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BethyM View Post
    Farris.... wait for update. I had those things before update, not after. With any new equipment, there will be bugs that need worked out. Software is complex .... its a great tablet if you can hang out through the growing pain :-)
    I know.. that's why I assume it's software only because it normally works. I will wait for the A510 become populair so updates are coming faster and custom ROMs will show up

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

- random crashes

I too am suffering same screen problem with flickering and unresponsive touches and I have ota 4.1.2 jelly bean update and now flicker is worse than before as for touch it still bad and I now use stupid pen stylus from pound shop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links