• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone else having a number of issues with their A510?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by suade907 View Post
    What are you guys getting for battery life? I would dare to guess I'm barely getting much better than my A500. During standby this device is a battery hog using near 30% overnight. Its far worse in standby than my A500 was. I would guess I will get maybe 6-7 hours of normal use
    6% in overnight standby. Did you switch off wifi ?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No, I didn't switch it off. I used it just as I would my A500 the A500 only uses about 6% over night or less. Is there a setting to have it switch off when the tablet goes to sleep. My droid razr can do that. I wonder why it's uses so much more battery than the a500 in standby mode? I remember the A500 being a battery hog when it first launched in standby mode. Acer did fix many issues with updates though. I hope they fix this on the A510. I may of exaggerated a little on the 30% but it's definitely a lot more than 10%. I'd be lucky to get more than 2 days of normal use for me out of the A510 where I go about a week on my A500. Just because the battery drain while in standby is so high. I've also disabled every app that syncs in the background.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I tried again without switching off wifi: 5% in 7 hours.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there.

Newbie in this forum.

My a510 has been a bit of a disappointment.

It has booted simultaneously a couple of times but I suspect it's because of my use of apps, which has been restored from a the backup from my a500. Uninstalling and installing again seems to have helped. I haven't tested this theory thoroughly yet, but will do it henceforth.

The sensitivity is weird in some apps. Temple run is totally ruined. I can't seem to make the guy turn. He always jumps, when I touch the screen.

Has anyone else experienced problems with the sensitivity?

I'm not all that convinced that the battery use is better than a500. Any experienced here?

Besides that it's bloody fast and I like ics.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with you the sensitivity is very weird. I find it harder to use than the a500 as far as that goes.

I have also have found that the touchscreen is not accurate to your touch points. I use splash top often which essentially gives you control of your pc. I've found that the center of the screen is fine but the top makes the contact point high, the bottom lower and the left and right are both towards the outside of the screen. It's off by up to .09 inches in spots. It really makes it difficult to use my PC remotely. If you don't believe me download the app multitouch you can clearly see how far it's off.

As far as the battery goes I'd have to agree it's not much of an improvement over the a500. I was getting 7-8 % per half hour last night which equals between 6.25 and 7.1 hours. That was normal web browsing plus a few YouTube videos.

Overall I like the tab but the screen accuracy plus lag and quirks has me at a loss, my unit may be going back.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Just tried temple run you are right it's unplayable.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Redwood Valley, NorCal(97--)/Pocatello,ID(90-97)/SoCal Born N Raised(71-90)
    Liked
    46 times
    Just tried temple run you are right it's unplayable.
    It works fine on my A510. I can turn, jump and slide just fine, are you sure you're swiping fast enough? If you don't swipe in time, he will die.
    Last edited by CaliforniaRailRoadGuy; 04-29-2012 at 03:14 AM.
    http://www.nwprr.net (Northwestern Pacific RR, Inc., serves the North Coast of CA)
    http://www.amtrak.com America's Passenger Rail Network since 1971!
    http://www.up150.com (Union Pacific RR, celebrating their 150th Anniv. in 2012)
    http://www.isu.edu (Idaho State University)

Current Device-Acer Iconia Tab A700

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have also have found that the touchscreen is not accurate to your touch points. I use splash top often which essentially gives you control of your pc. I've found that the center of the screen is fine but the top makes the contact point high, the bottom lower and the left and right are both towards the outside of the screen. It's off by up to .09 inches in spots. It really makes it difficult to use my PC remotely. If you don't believe me download the app multitouch you can clearly see how far it's off.

Have you tried to set touch sensitivity to high? It may help.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had mine for 2 weeks now and I have not had any problems yet, my wifi and BT work just fine and all the games I played so far (angry birds, plants vs. zombies) play fine. The only thing I do also notice is that it does get quite warm on the side closest to the Micro SD card slot, but my battery life has been really good, I have left it on standby overnight several times and I only loose about 1 to 2% of my battery charge, normally I get about 10 to 12 hours between charges. So overall I am very happy with my A510, definitely much better than my Asus TF Prime that has all kinds of bugs that Asus never fixed.
    Last edited by Jesse6749; 05-04-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Acer Iconia TAB A510, 32Gig, Official ICS 4.03 (Rooted), 64Gig Sandisk C6 Micro SD (Formatted as NTFS)
    Acer Iconia A100, 16Gig, Official ICS 4.0.3 Leak (Unlocked Bootloader and Rooted!!!), 32Gig C10 File Mate Micro SD Card
    Asus Transformer Prime 64Gig with 32Gig Micro SD Card w/Keyboard Dock, Rom: Primaliciuos 9.4.2.21 (Unlocked Bootloader and Rooted!!)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi. I had an a500, which was accidentally destroyed, so I picked this up last week to replace it. I was looking forward to the longer battery life and ICS. I have charged the battery twice now, and I am barely getting 5 hours of screen time on it. The battery seems to drain about 6-7% overnight, but the screen really drains it. I had about 50% left with 2:30-2:45 of screen. What brightness setting are you using? I had it on auto-brightness, which may use a lot of battery, but my drain seems excessive. Are there other settings that you have changed from the default settings? Are you receiving email? The A500 had a setting that allowed you to turn off "background data", but that doesn't appear to be a choice with ICS. Any help would be appreciated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links