• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The OFFICIAL "I got my Acer A510" thread

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Another great review!

alphawave7 and Raspail like this.
    Tech Junkie
    Acer 510!
    Asus Prime 64 GIG
    Acer A200
    HP Envy 17" 3D
    Samsung 15.6" 7 Series Laptop
    Samsung Note

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paulnelson88 View Post
    Another great review!

Thank you for the link. It does sum it up pretty well for those who still hesitate between the both (not me). I think on the wifi side it's rather lelient for the Prime. Could be a "not so terrible" unit or a "not so far from the router" test. I have personally seen a Prime at 1000 kbps side by side with other tablets at 20-25000 kbps.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I purchased 2 A510's. They both went back today. I could not believe the amount of stuttering and touch lag between touch and action. I have 2 A500's that do not experience this issue. If you only knew how excited I was, only to now question the quality of ICS and the tablet. I'm now weary of upgrading my A500's to ICS!
    2 x A500 16gb
    2 x iPad 3 64gb

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dceremuga View Post
    I purchased 2 A510's. They both went back today. I could not believe the amount of stuttering and touch lag between touch and action. I have 2 A500's that do not experience this issue. If you only knew how excited I was, only to now question the quality of ICS and the tablet. I'm now weary of upgrading my A500's to ICS!
    Some users with the same feeling fixed it with the touch panel sensitivity setting.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Redwood Valley, NorCal(97--)/Pocatello,ID(90-97)/SoCal Born N Raised(71-90)
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dceremuga View Post
    Wow, and I have no lag, in fact it is much faster and snappier than my A200. I installed Spare Parts too, which makes it even snappier. I'm sorry yours didn't work out, but I'm more than pleased with mine.
    http://www.nwprr.net (Northwestern Pacific RR, Inc., serves the North Coast of CA)
    http://www.amtrak.com America's Passenger Rail Network since 1971!
    http://www.up150.com (Union Pacific RR, celebrating their 150th Anniv. in 2012)
    http://www.isu.edu (Idaho State University)

Current Device-Acer Iconia Tab A700

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    it seems that acer as a so poor quality control that most of the tablets are broken on shipment..
    too bad for you because frankly, it's really a step beyond A500 (i had one before running ICS)
    A501 before, A510 now !!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've managed to check the temperature after some working with Virusscan turned on and it was over 43C degrees (my thermometer works only up to 43 degrees). When I've killed Virusscan processes my Acer had 36C degrees.
    It would be great if someone who have Acer without heat issue would check if the Virusscan (McAffe) is installed on their machines. Turning off the Virusscan could make our machines to produce less heat but if there are tablets which produces less heat with virusscan turned on it could be a real hardware problem and not only software issue.

After removing Virusscan my tablet is working better. When it was brand new, without any software installed it worked wery well. After installing some software it started to work slower, some micro lags occured during working with the system. All these stoped after removing the Virusscan.
    almatadema likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    There was a delay with the release of the A510 in Canada -- original date for pre-orders to be shipped out was today but it got bumped a week.

M

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Like others have said, disable VirusScan.

As I have posted, I don't have a problem with the amount of heat coming off the back of my a510. But I disabled the Virusscan software on general principles (It's from McAffe).

After disabling it the tablet runs noticeably cooler, and cooler is always better.

I may look at some of the other solutions, but this one is gone.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ICS was awesome on the a500. I was running it for a while now. I ran flexreapers ics rom. Oc'd it to 1.4ghz most of the time unless I was gonna be away from a charger for a while. It was the beast until this came out.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links