• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got a generic protector with the case i ordered off eBay, and it works fine. I'm not sure what people were complaining about the sensitivity, the OTA update to .073 did reduce it for me but not to the extent some seem to be complaining.

My oly problem was that I let the cloth they sent with it accidentally touch the adhesive side when I applied it, and as such got some unremovable specks stuck to the underside. Luckily they're very cheap on eBay, will try again when the new ones come in.

Mark

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There are so many screen protectors available in the market but According to me the Skinomi screen protectors is much better than other screen protector. I have used this screen protector on my acer A510 tablet. It feels nice to the touch not sticky or rubbery and was an excellent fit.
    Last edited by tonybosell; 09-28-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Screen Protectors for the A510

The Acer Iconia Tab A510 Screen Protector is the clear choice for maximum scratch protection. The Acer Iconia Tab A510 Screen Protector goes beyond your traditional Acer Iconia Tab A510 screen protectors, skins, covers, and cases. TechSkin is made from the same film material used to protect luxury cars, military aircrafts, and NASA space shuttles. The Acer Iconia Tab A510 Screen Protector is custom made to specifically fit the Acer Iconia Tab A510.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought through amazon GreatShield Ultra Smooth Clear Screen Protector Film and they seem to be working great so far...
    google "GreatShield Ultra Smooth Clear Screen Protector Film for Acer Iconia Tab A510 / A700 10.1-Inch Android Tablet - (3 Pack)"
    and no i don't own the company, just a user like the rest.. Not sure if i am allow to share the actual link on here...

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eman01 View Post
    Skinomi Dry also a disaster for me. I am fairly experienced installing protectors on various cell phones, so I was surprised at how awkward and unforgiving installation was with Skinomi Dry. Ended with numerous bubbles that couldn't be smoothed out with the included device. Bubbles mildly improved but still in place 2 weeks later. Smoothing device left an abrasion on the protector that did not come out. As stated above, Skinomi tech support was responsive and helpful in this process.

Bigger problem was touch screen sensitivity after application. I had a noticeable change after my Skinomi Dry, to the point that the screen was almost completely unresponsive when flat on a hard surface such as a table or desk, or in portrait mode in a vertical holder. Unfortunately I installed the Acer firmware update the same day I put on the screen protector, and blamed it on the firmware. (See XDA forums or Youtube "Acer Iconia A510 problem" for similar discussion/video). Long story short, when I finally removed the Skinomi the touch screen response improved dramatically; I was shocked it made such a difference as I've never had that type of problem with a protector before.
    Wireless Security Camera Systems
    It took me a while to figure out the touch screen issue as I usually hold the tablet in my hands, where the screen response problem was far less evident (but still present). Those of you using Skinomi's: please test your A510's flat on a table or portrait mode in a vertical holder. Any screen response issues at all? Your response appreciated. Still trying to determine whether my issue was primarily the protector, or whether the A510 itself was also to blame.
    My Epic Touch has gorilla glass and I've dealt with a couple hair line scratches before putting a wet skinomi on it - I accept this is from wearing studs and chatting on the telephone - which is profoundly improbable with the tablet, yet I truly would not like to risk it.
    Last edited by Ravikaleova; 09-12-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hmm i got interesting info by coming to this thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links