• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Why no ics update for iconia tab a501?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i rejected sony from not upgrading their xperia PLAY to ICS... i went to a Galaxy S3
    si i wouldn't have any regrets droping acer to another Samsung product

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The Acer Iconia Tab A501 is one of the members of the Acer Iconia, which is a series of tablet PC manufactured by the established computer manufacturer, Acer.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't "hate" Acer. It's clear they have no interest in me once they had my money, and I have no interest in giving them more of my money. So be it.
    Last edited by ChinaPowerful; 02-22-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I tell you why - Fake openess - Android is more controlled than windows

I tell you why we can update iconia A500 and we canīt not do it over A501:
    "Control over network data

Mobile devices can make extensive use of network data for streaming content, synchronizing data, downloading apps, and more. To meet the needs of you with tiered or metered data plans, Android 4.0 adds new controls for managing network data usage.

In the Settings app, colorful charts show the total data usage on each network type (mobile or Wi-Fi), as well as amount of data used by each running application. Based on your data plan, you can optionally set warning levels or hard limits on data usage or disable mobile data altogether. You can also manage the background data used by individual applications as needed."

since the only difference between those two equipament is the AT&t connection, I came to the conclusion that the carrier dont want us to know network data usage .. People used to say that Bill gates was bad ... I miss windows alread .. openess in Adroid is the largest of all deceptions
    Acer, google, AT & T and all the mobile carriers are criminal enterprises.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdornelas View Post
    I tell you why we can update iconia A500 and we canīt not do it over A501:
    "Control over network data

Mobile devices can make extensive use of network data for streaming content, synchronizing data, downloading apps, and more. To meet the needs of you with tiered or metered data plans, Android 4.0 adds new controls for managing network data usage.

In the Settings app, colorful charts show the total data usage on each network type (mobile or Wi-Fi), as well as amount of data used by each running application. Based on your data plan, you can optionally set warning levels or hard limits on data usage or disable mobile data altogether. You can also manage the background data used by individual applications as needed."

since the only difference between those two equipament is the AT&t connection, I came to the conclusion that the carrier dont want us to know network data usage .. People used to say that Bill gates was bad ... I miss windows alread .. openess in Adroid is the largest of all deceptions
    Acer, google, AT & T and all the mobile carriers are criminal enterprises.
    Silly American. Thinking the rest of the planet uses AT&T. Not realizing China Mobile has almost as many customers as the USA has people. So cute!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaPowerful View Post
    Silly American. Thinking the rest of the planet uses AT&T. Not realizing China Mobile has almost as many customers as the USA has people. So cute!
    Think alexdornelis was referring to the reluctance of carriers to upgrade their os's regardless of location, and I agree with him. These bullyboy Corporations are riding roughshod over consumers, and I for one don't understand why there is not more of an outcry against their practices.

P.S notice the movement maybe starting to happen finally, with the petition on unlocking your phone gaining 100,000 signatures.
    Last edited by gary; 02-22-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This application software is required for the ICS upgrade. ... Acer continues to offer updates to enrich your Iconia Tab A500/A501 user experience. ... it keeps saying the the software is up to date but I'm still on 3.2 and no ICS!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links