• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Well, I've got a different build and baseband than yours, but it is still 3.2. I doubt the drive has any errors because I keep it well maintained and I only use this drive for backups.

The backups on it are pretty old, so I may do a low-level format on it, and try a few other things with the Tab. I've done a lot of searching and haven't found anyone else having this problem with 3.2. Of course, I don't know how many people are hooking up NTFS drives to their Tabs. Maybe we are the only ones.. :-)

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GL_Joe View Post
    Well, I've got a different build and baseband than yours, but it is still 3.2. I doubt the drive has any errors because I keep it well maintained and I only use this drive for backups.

The backups on it are pretty old, so I may do a low-level format on it, and try a few other things with the Tab. I've done a lot of searching and haven't found anyone else having this problem with 3.2. Of course, I don't know how many people are hooking up NTFS drives to their Tabs. Maybe we are the only ones.. :-)

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk
    Hey GL_Joe,
    Yeah given that it was meant to only read FAT, I still don't know how she has overcome propriety issues. The only things I can think of is that: A) I previously installed Drive Mount app, but it required my A501 to be rooted, I didn't know how to do that B) Update to 3.2 required a Hong Kong Acer site patch (probably some dodgyness there because it wasn't available at their other sites)

Have you tried using another NTFS formatted drive? How big is the cluster size on your hard drive, perhaps she can't read NTFS with large cluster sizes? (My one can do 4kb and 8kb so far)

Hey can you explain what Baseband is?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Mantou; 01-17-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantou View Post
    Hey GL_Joe,

Hey can you explain what Baseband is?

Cheers!
    In telecommunications and signal processing, baseband is an adjective that describes signals and systems whose range of frequencies is measured from close to 0 hertz to a cut-off frequency, a maximum bandwidth or highest signal frequency; it is sometimes used as a noun for a band of frequencies starting close to zero.

I used the default cluster size that the Vista formatter use, but I think the problem is in the building. My update was an OTA version and AT&T specific. I don't have another external drive to test with right now, but will continue to research, and I will post any new information I come across.

UPDATE: Well, I took the plunge and rooted, then installed Moscow Desire's Android 3.2.1 Alexandra III ROM. I am very happy with the results and now I can read/write to my 160GB NTFS USB drive! ... among other things. Since I had the HC version 3.2 update, I had to revert back to 3.0.1 first, so it could be rooted.
    Last edited by GL_Joe; 03-24-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links