• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [PORT]ics 4.0.3 flexreaper-relix(14/7/12) a500 rom

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've been using this ROM for about 24 hours now, coming from 1.5 Ghz ultrabase.
    It's great and super speedy.
    I'm using the 1.5 Ghz overclock kernel using "interactive" governor instead of "ondemand" nets better results. (haven't yet to try it with stock kernel)
    Also, unlike on previous ROMs, I notice I can remove the Acer ring, without any performance implications.
    Microphone still sucks, but less then it did before.
    A200 has not got an ambient light sensor, whereas the A500 must have, tablet will hang for a short while when you accidentally choose "auto brightness". It does work itself out though.
    I can't figure out which version of Play Store is installed, but I did have problems installing an app I normally use: comsec. But I figure the tablet is so quick there's no need for specific apps anymore, unless I need some sort of alert/ widget, it's quicker to use the
    website.

Install recommendations (would have saved me a lot of time if I did it this way):
    Nandroid back (if possible, couldn't do it since mine is encrypted)
    Flash ICS stock (tablet complained for hours that it didn't have a lunfile, which is included in stock ROMs)
    Root
    Superwipe
    Install Flexreaper
    Install Kernel
    Enjoy

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    working great bravo

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by R1nStang View Post
    looks amazing from the screen grabs on the link. ill be flashing this this weekend. The aroma themes and such...can any of those be flashed with this rom? any special trick need to be done besides just flashing? I only ask because of this warning above some of the theme screenshots
    EXTRA FLEXREAPER-RELIX MODS (most of these mods are in the "Aroma Theme Installer")
    These mods don't work on RE-FLEXxx
    Before you flash a mod you reboot first and use the ring, then you go back to recovery to flash the mod.
    Button mods and stock: (mirror effect buttons by "55Pegasus")

also to OC do we use those kernals. or are the ones already on this site for the a200 the best to use?

I don't know about the mods, you have to check them out for yourself. RE-FLEX is a complete different ROM. The flash instructions on xda should also apply to this ROM. I didn't test installing mods thou.

Don't try to flash the kernels from the original post on xda, they won't work on a200. Use the ones available here.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by R1nStang View Post
    looks amazing from the screen grabs on the link. ill be flashing this this weekend. The aroma themes and such...can any of those be flashed with this rom? any special trick need to be done besides just flashing? I only ask because of this warning above some of the theme screenshots
    EXTRA FLEXREAPER-RELIX MODS (most of these mods are in the "Aroma Theme Installer")
    These mods don't work on RE-FLEXxx
    Before you flash a mod you reboot first and use the ring, then you go back to recovery to flash the mod.
    Button mods and stock: (mirror effect buttons by "55Pegasus")

also to OC do we use those kernals. or are the ones already on this site for the a200 the best to use?

Those are the additional separate visual mods, it is easier to use the aroma theme installer above that. You launch the package, and select what you want. Let us know how it works out.

FLEX-THEME_INSTALLER-ver2 (58MB)
    Can only be used on FLEXREAPER-RF1 and FLEXREAPER-RELIX
    -Install 9 different themes , enable/disable AcerRing and a choise of 3 different bootanimations.
    -You want more mods , see EXTRA mods a few scrolls lower.
    Last edited by bilderberg; 08-02-2012 at 04:11 AM. Reason: didnt see op's response
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by borok34 View Post
    I don't know about the mods, you have to check them out for yourself. RE-FLEX is a complete different ROM. The flash instructions on xda should also apply to this ROM. I didn't test installing mods thou.

Don't try to flash the kernels from the original post on xda, they won't work on a200. Use the ones available here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bilderberg View Post
    Those are the additional separate visual mods, it is easier to use the aroma theme installer above that. You launch the package, and select what you want. Let us know how it works out.
    awesome thanks for letting me know. ill flash it this saturday and post up how it all went.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Was wondering if its possible to get a2sd support on it, that would be great, being able to move apps over to SD again, first one that can do it has a 20.00 from me, we really need it

Oh I'm running the red theme badass

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    This is stock based correct? If so we need to use Obsidian's kernels for stock based ROM's.

I will add this to the XDA wiki.
    Want to thank me? Use this link and we both get 500 mb of dropbox space!
    or this link and we both get 5 gb of Copy space!

Droid Bionic - Stock JB - rooted(retired to a dev device)
    Acer Iconia A200 WiFi - CM10 overclocked to 1.5ghz
    Samsung Galaxy Note II - Paranoid Android 3+

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetzel402 View Post
    This is stock based correct? If so we need to use Obsidian's kernels for stock based ROM's.

Yes, but i noticed yesterday that its not as smooth with the o.c. kernel.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetzel402 View Post

It uses the modified hbwelch kernel. I don't see the point in using OCed kernels in this rom because it's already faster at stock speed.
    For me OCed kernel adds a level of instability and thats the reason why this port doesn't use it.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    So far for me the 1.5 OC has been great and very stable. I assume Obsidian hasn't released anything higher yet because of stability issues.

I will give this ROM a try at some point and OC it to see how it runs.
    Want to thank me? Use this link and we both get 500 mb of dropbox space!
    or this link and we both get 5 gb of Copy space!

Droid Bionic - Stock JB - rooted(retired to a dev device)
    Acer Iconia A200 WiFi - CM10 overclocked to 1.5ghz
    Samsung Galaxy Note II - Paranoid Android 3+

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links