• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: [ROM] [AOKP] Hand-rolled for the Acer Iconia A200 - ***FULLY WORKING 6/20/2012***

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Trying again here...Just attempted installing but my tab kept rebooting at the green "Acer" screen (before the boot animation, basically) and i couldnt do anything.

Edit: Wiped literally every single thing i could possibly wipe (twice, i might add), followed install directions exactly to the punctuation, still cant get past the green "Acer" screen. Neat.

Thanks to the poorly ported CWM for the a200, im now waiting for a backup containing 9GB of music to unpack, since it backs up EVERYTHING on the device (and erases everything too) rather than just the system files and apps. And i cant mount USB storage either, it just gives me an error. Grand.
    Last edited by BrosephRadson; 06-25-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Strange. Did you be sure to grab the Onyx kernel for CM9, _not_ for Stock Roms?

That's the only thing I can think of. It hangs for me at the Acer logo if I just flash my ROM, no additional kernel. Another last ditch thought would be to redownload the files, perhaps there was a hiccup and one of the files is corrupt?

I'm currently investigating why my compile has issues building in a kernel, so whoever wants to run at stock clock speeds (who wants to do that? lol) will at least have the option.

Also, thanks for the update about ad-hoc not working. Seems to be something either CM or AOKP changed in between builds, so I'll look into that as well.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep its the CM9-Onyx-OC-1.5ghz-v1. Not sure what happened, i got no error codes while installing anything. Might have been an issue with CWM. I think CWM hates me. It always corrupts my backups on my evo, and now im having problems with it on my Tab....
    Edit: yeah im done with CWM. Im now officially bricked unless i can get another rom on my SD somehow....guess ill be using my phone as the guinea pig here. My only backup gives me a completely nondescript error after 15 minutes of waiting for it to finish...
    Last edited by BrosephRadson; 06-25-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: so effing pee'd right nao bro

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosephRadson View Post
    Yep its the CM9-Onyx-OC-1.5ghz-v1. Not sure what happened, i got no error codes while installing anything. Might have been an issue with CWM. I think CWM hates me. It always corrupts my backups on my evo, and now im having problems with it on my Tab....
    Edit: yeah im done with CWM. Im now officially bricked unless i can get another rom on my SD somehow....guess ill be using my phone as the guinea pig here. My only backup gives me a completely nondescript error after 15 minutes of waiting for it to finish...
    It almost sounds like _maybe_ (and that's a big maybe) your SD card might be going bad? I can't really say without knowing how you flashed CWM etc, but I haven't run into any issues thusfar with literally hundreds of reflashes and trial-and-error non-functioning kernel etc etc.

I had an SD card go wrong in one of my early Android phones (either a Moto Droid or Droid X?) and having strange issues like that, randomly corrupt files etc but still able to read/write from the card.

Hope everything works out dude. Good luck!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I managed to get a hbwelch's cm9 on here by downloading it on my phone and swapping cards, but I'm still getting random reboots. The sdcard might just be the problem. It's the old 8GB one my evo came with. As a recovering flashaholic, I realize I may have abused my card a little bit. I'll look into another 32GB card at some point, but idk....

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by profet View Post
    4G
    Does this mean I could eventually get my A200 cooperate with my 3G USB stick (Vodafone K3565-Z, originally made by ZTE Corp.)?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iconiaa200 View Post
    Does this mean I could eventually get my A200 cooperate with my 3G USB stick (Vodafone K3565-Z, originally made by ZTE Corp.)?
    The 4G I think you are referring to is just a software toggle, meaning that if the device has the capability (ie a built in 4G radio), the hardware can be turned on and off for power savings.

This ROM is compiled using a tag known as "ro.carrier=wifi-only" meaning that all 3G functionality is stripped from the OS.

I can compile a "3G capable" version for the A200, but I'm not sure if your USB stick would work or not. The driver would have to be cooked into a kernel somehow if I'm not mistaken, as I kind of doubt that functionality would be natively built in.

Have you successfully used the 3G stick on another tablet? If so, let me know and I can see if there is a difference.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I've successfully rolled a kernel into the next build, just beta testing (thanks Dingodave!) now.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for good work, profet and others! I've installed the ROM yesterday and noticed that hardware rotatescreen toggle doesn't work (just for me?). The software toggles works just fine. It's ok in ALPHA 2, btw...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    sorry for "interrupt" :-) but I use 3g USB stick on my former tablet (Asus transformer) with custom rom like revolver and megatron. Thank you for great rom, profet. I hope that you put into your rom something like 3g enabler. On revolver ROM I must enter settings for apn and other, and on megatron ROM settings will be recognized automaticly, this is better solution :-) .

Sorry for bad english

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ran011; 06-27-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by profet View Post
    Have you successfully used the 3G stick on another tablet? If so, let me know and I can see if there is a difference.
    Haven't used it myself (I'm a tablet newbie), but I've read that other users have managed to do it on some other tablet models (for example Asus Eee Transformer, even Acer Iconia A5 series etc).

A couple of links that could help resolve this problem:
    [PATCH 3.1][27-06-11] 100% Working 3g huawei compatible USB dongle - xda-developers
    [DEV] USB 3g for a500 wifi only - xda-developers

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links