• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: [ROM] [AOKP] Hand-rolled for the Acer Iconia A200 - ***FULLY WORKING 6/20/2012***

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Looking forward to using this! Thanks for the hard work!

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Everything is running great. Very smooth. I do however have an issue with video being choppy. idk if it was like that before but was wondering if anyone has any tips to try or has had the same thing happen to them.

Thank you

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I thinnk I bricked my A200 on the install... I've got the dead andriod, but im still in clockworkmod... It wont let me choose anything, tried to restore - Just gives me the pic of the dead droid. help... lol

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I want to try this SOOO badly but the link for it doesn't work for me. Just gives me an error and says it isn't found every time. I've requested the link twice to no avail.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebe03 View Post
    I thinnk I bricked my A200 on the install... I've got the dead andriod, but im still in clockworkmod... It wont let me choose anything, tried to restore - Just gives me the pic of the dead droid. help... lol
    Neva-mind!! Got it back!! will try again!

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Semetery View Post
    I want to try this SOOO badly but the link for it doesn't work for me. Just gives me an error and says it isn't found every time. I've requested the link twice to no avail.
    New link is up. Should be solid with mediafire, let me know if you have any other problems.
    Semetery likes this.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Ok, two quick things:

1) Somehow in between builds (trying to fix the network location issue), my ROM has lost the ability to download apps from the market. I went back and undid a bunch of things, but still no luck. If anyone has any insight on this one it would be greatly appreciated. I can search the market, wifi works fine, it just hangs on "Downloading".

2) Because of the above issue and many hours of unsuccessful compiles, I'm starting from scratch. It might be a day or two before another update, as downloading the source on top of redoing the code changes and compiling will take a few hours minimum.

Thanks for your patience!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm using AOKP on both my A200 and tf300 and it performs great. After installing AOKP I noticed that Acer Recovery (Paid Version) app lists a500 roms and a couple extra recoveries. So if you use it becareful. I don't know it it would brick your tab or not. Maybe the op or a dev could check it out and let us know
    Last edited by Nomad692000; 06-22-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    Sent from A200

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad692000 View Post
    I'm using AOKP on both my A200 and tf300 and it performs great. After installing AOKP I noticed that Acer Recovery (Paid Version) app lists a500 roms and a couple extra recoveries. So if you use it becareful. I don't know it it would brick your tab or not. Maybe the op or a dev could check it out and let us know
    Thanks for the heads up. I speculate that this has something to do with why I lost the ability to download from the market in between builds. There is a special "build fingerprint" that devices use to identify themselves, and as of right now, I'm spoofing the one used by the A500 because of how I adapted the AOKP repo.

It seemed like when I tried changing it, that's when things went awry. Now I've got things back to normal with a working build, which I may post. Not much changed, just a repo sync and I disabled the camera shutter sound, not that it matters with the front facing.

In reference to the choppy video comment, I haven't experienced any issues. I use MX Player and Diceplayer for 720 mkv files, and streaming over my wireless network has been flawless (via ES File Explorer).

If there are any kernel devs out there, I'd love to pick your brain about rolling in a working kernel to this thing. For the life of me I can't seem to get it working. Obsidian's kernel is awesome though, and I'm looking forward to his future release with CIFS support.

I'm also working on the network location issue and getting the USB port to read sticks formatted to NTFS (as of right now it seems to be FAT only).

Have a good night everyone!
    Semetery likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Very cool! Good job!
    But... not working ad-hoc. In build 39 everything was fine...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links