• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vlad361

Thread: linux project help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Smile linux project help

Hi , have replace my a200 with nexus 7. Since I can't really sell this device at reasonable price, what I like this to do is that it to run a different os. If any one want to help me, I just really want to just run Linux any flavor is fine as long as wifi, touch, usb, bluetooh, and sdcard work. I have look at other forums, they are either have missing steps or the links for files are dead. I have install android roms before I just don't know much beyond that. My acer is already rooted and running 0.03.05-ics bootloader and cwm 6.0.4.5, I don't care about loosing files.I sure I not the only one that wants to do this. Please help me and thank you.
    Last edited by ckilps; 01-18-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    hi. I've already run Linux on this device (debian and ubuntu). Touchscreen (One touch means left mouse button), bluetooth, wi-fi , USB-port, charging battarey. but touchscreen works on debian only.I don't know how. I've very old linux kernel (maybe 2.6 or 2.7) . it has old evdev touchscreen driver who is not working on ubuntu, but it's working on debian. So, I need a new kernel. I cant compile it 'couse I've have problem with unpaching old kernel. Let's try to do this if you have the necessary skills for this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry I don't really have any skills in this area. I just hoping that anyone had already have done this and it works. I am not a programmer. I am network technician, basicly help real PC help desk.also Linux is still very new to me. But I will help where I can. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by ckilps; 01-21-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    if you can'ot use the terminal linux then you will not be able to run Linux on your tablet. I have not a simple installing linux (like any rom from recovery). It's manual of 6 pages compiled by me. If you want to try install, I can translate it into English.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad361 View Post
    if you can'ot use the terminal linux then you will not be able to run Linux on your tablet. I have not a simple installing linux (like any rom from recovery). It's manual of 6 pages compiled by me. If you want to try install, I can translate it into English.
    I might give it try, so i'd appreciate if you could share the instructions (in english)!

Thanks!

.A.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ablabla View Post
    I might give it try, so i'd appreciate if you could share the instructions (in english)!
    Thanks!
    .A.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-3...ew?usp=sharing
    I hope that I have translated it understandable
    ant1012 likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've managed to get debian installed on my a200 and working extremely well (minus wifi & touchscreen). At the minute I'm using a usb hub with a mouse and keyboard as the touch screen is refusing to work on debian. I've been an ubuntu and linux mint user for a few years now so I'll have a play around with debian on the a200 this weekend to see if I can get anything functional on it. There has to be some kind of a way to get it to work.
    I'll keep you posted on any progress that I make with it but I'm not a programmer so it may take a while

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    what environment was you install? xfce, gnome, lxde? On gnome wifi works. and did u copy the brcm?
    try to instal this
    Code:
    apt-get install network-manager-gnome wireless-tools
    touchscreen needs xorg.conf, I dont sure, but it's maybe working conf: LINK
    put it into the folder /etc/X11/ and reboot tablet

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I followed the guide exactly, have gnome installed as well as the network manager but it just says "device not ready" I thought I'd copied the brcm folder but maybe I copied it from the wrong place?
    I've overwritten the xorg.conf file and that hasn't made a difference either

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    try to copy files in the brcm folder to the lib/firmware/ on the microSD

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links