• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question What's wrong with my Acer A200?

My Acer A200 is not booting up as it stucks on the iconia tab logo. When I'm going to hard reset by power+volume+rotation key it shows: unrecoverable bootloader error. The same thing happened 2 months ago. Then I searched for stock rom, found one and recovered my tab by update.zip file using power+volume up. The tab was performing well untill the same problem occurred a week ago. Now the problem may be more complex as the previous way is not working this time. If I put the same update.zip on my sd card and boot by pressing power+volume key with 2 dots then it shows: Erasing cache before SD update....
    SD update cmd: recovery
    --update_package=SDCARD: update.zip

Booting recovery kernel image
    Then an androind animation with installation progress bar comes. But after a while the installation stops showing the android animation with an exclamation mark!

If I press power+volume with 2 dots+rotation key then the it shows:
    Bootloader v0.03.06-ICS: Starting Fastboot USB download protocol

Now what to do? How can I make my tab alive again? I probably didn't turn USB debugging on when the tab was running. Please help me with some suggestion!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Please! Someone reply!!

Please, I need some suggestions badly!!

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk 2

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    If the same update.zip worked a few weeks ago, and not now, then the flash storage has probably failed. That requires replacement of the main board to repair.

USB debugging (ADB) is only functional after boot, so it does not matter whether it was active before failure or not.

You could try flashing a few more times, and possibly get lucky again, but even if you do get it to boot up, it seems likely that it will fail again soon.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhelper View Post
    If the same update.zip worked a few weeks ago, and not now, then the flash storage has probably failed. That requires replacement of the main board to repair.

USB debugging (ADB) is only functional after boot, so it does not matter whether it was active before failure or not.

You could try flashing a few more times, and possibly get lucky again, but even if you do get it to boot up, it seems likely that it will fail again soon.
    So, that's a hardware problem? Do you think it might be a problem with my bootloader? Is it possible to unlock bootloader and flash with a custom rom? If so, then how can I do that?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shimanta View Post
    So, that's a hardware problem? Do you think it might be a problem with my bootloader? Is it possible to unlock bootloader and flash with a custom rom? If so, then how can I do that?
    It's a hardware problem, the only way to fix is to replace the motherboard. Contact Acer for warranty repair.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links