• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Native Arch Linux on A200

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

arch: ro error

i tried your way (trimslice)...did u managed the problem with read only?
    even as root...that is weird

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Re: Native Arch Linux on A200

Quote Originally Posted by krabbs View Post
    i tried your way (trimslice)...did u managed the problem with read only?
    even as root...that is weird
    That's why I did the fstab. It mounts it rw. You can always just login and do

% mount remount,rw /

Still can't figure out sudo. At least I'm able to su so I can login as a user. That makes a big difference with some programs, like Chromium. And using a root user all the time is dangerous... But so is mounting this on an Android tablet...lol.

Sent from my VM "Evo 3D" using 2ʞןɐʇɐdɐʇ .

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hello to everybody

Try mount the Debian as chroot on your desktop PC, then open the Debian /etc/fstab o /boot/fstab or where is located... and the edit the rootfs partition mmscblk1p1 or uid to be mounted at boot property. This happened my with archlinux on desktop, but Debian on a200 do not have this issue for me.

You can try mount Debian on chroot under Android with Linux on android app or run advance mode directly on terminal emulator app. Or just use Root explorer app to browse the fstab file and edit it!

Thanks

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

I have some info on building kernels, I have the source code Montello linked. I will try to update it to get the touchscreen support. Also to allow a choice of where to boot. But touchscreen is of the most importance right now. Carrying a keyboard around with your tablet is not impressive, convenient or cool...

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by workdowg View Post
    I have some info on building kernels, I have the source code Montello linked. I will try to update it to get the touchscreen support. Also to allow a choice of where to boot. But touchscreen is of the most importance right now. Carrying a keyboard around with your tablet is not impressive, convenient or cool...

that would be awesome.

additional info we should take a look is tegra drivers...i could be important for future since linux will implement tegra2 (a car hifi manufacture do lots of development for tegra 2 right know, they also work hand in hand with nvidia) in the new kernel in end of februar. this may boost up and will make things easier

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by krabbs View Post
    that would be awesome.

additional info we should take a look is tegra drivers...i could be important for future since linux will implement tegra2 (a car hifi manufacture do lots of development for tegra 2 right know, they also work hand in hand with nvidia) in the new kernel in end of februar. this may boost up and will make things easier
    I have the tegra linux drivers. They are a little old, but I will look into that also.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by workdowg View Post
    That's why I did the fstab. It mounts it rw. You can always just login and do

Still can't figure out sudo. At least I'm able to su so I can login as a user.

i found the problem...in order not every programm can use sudo there is a superblock for each application to allow them root access.
    it seems that is missing for sudo but you can allow this specific app to get this superblock

# chmod u+s /bin/su

this solved the problem to use 'su' command....sudo should have the same problem

some funny things according touchscreen...i recognized that this in xorg.conf will make the mouse react to the gyro sensor

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Touchscreen"
    Driver "evdev"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
    Option "CorePointer"
    Option "SendCoreEvents"
    Option "ReportingMode" "Raw"

unfortunately the other events do not get the touchscreen working....so what makes the a200 diffrent to a500 according touchscreen

some useful information:

all power information like battery health....battery capacity....voltage.... are stored in /sys/bus/platform/devices/acer_picasso_battery.-2/power_supply/battery/*
    a little script helps me to see my battery capacity in systemtray (will help soon in everyday use as soon we get touchscreen work)

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

This was part of what I cut out to make the mouse work. I started looking at the event handlers, but didn't try to hard.

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Touchscreen"
    Driver "evdev"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
    Option "CorePointer"
    Option "SendCoreEvents"
    Option "ReportingMode" "Raw"

Sent from my a200 using Tapatalk HD

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

touchscreen

hm i dont get progress for touchscreen so far...

my last i idea, it maybe dumb, however didnt the man who port twrp (touchscreen recovery) know how to set up touchscreen in boot.img / kernel?

dmesg do not recognize touchscreen in my opinion...there is hardkeys, gyro, mic jack and usb recognized. im not sure if its really the kernel who do not see touchscreen

this is one of the last milestone i believe =) keep pushing

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Touch screen doesn't show as any event. Probably kernel issue. Building a new kernel is going to be beyond me, I don't know where to start to patch it with what we need.
    I contacted TWRP and nicholasblock(he ported TWRP to our device) to see if they could at least point us in the right direction.... Maybe someone could try some of the other dev's that work on kernels for the A200?( Obsidian, hbwelch ...)

Edit: I tried a couple more people... no answers at all... They may just not be getting my messages. I'm going to try sp3dev... He will at least answer.

Edit2: I "sent" sp3dev a message on XDA. I can't be sure it went, I can't find it in my sent folder on XDA.... grrrr

Here is the text of my message (in case someone would like to also try)

Hey,
    I'm working with some people over at Acer Android Tablet Forum trying to get Linux running on our tablet (Iconia A200). Montolla contacted you and got some feed back. Thank you! We have managed to get an Arch rootfs booting all the way to a Xfce4 gui with sound. We are using the chromeos kernel from https://github.com/astarasikov/iconia-gnu-kernel (newrec.img) The next step is the touchscreen.

The touchscreen doesn't show up in any of the logs (dmesg, systemd, Xorg...), nor is it loaded in /dev/input or /proc/bus/input/devices. In your message to Montello you stated "I think you may need a patch for the touchscreen driver which may be similar to the one I did for the Galaxy S2 phone. https://gitorious.org/i9100-proper-l...29bf525189e153". This is a dead link (or maybe it got abbreviated?). Any chance we could get this information somehow? I am willing to walk though patching the kernel if I knew where to start with the patch...

Sorry to bother you, but you are the only dev to even answer us....

Thanks again!
    Last edited by workdowg; 02-23-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: update?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Ads