Obsidian Lab's Presents:
Part One: The kernel
By flashing this software, you are voiding any and all factory warranties (which you have already done if your flashing this in the first place). This is beta software and as such a certain degree of bugs can and should be expected as the code undergoes changes. By flashing this software you are agreeing, that I (Obsidian aka Obsidian Blackhawk) nor Obsidian Lab's are not responsible for any damages caused to your device. You further agree that the Acer Tablet Forums and affiliates accept no responsibility for any damages caused either.
While flashing any custom software to a device can be damaging, this is especially true with kernel software. While soft bricking can occur, any problems that result from flashing this software can be corrected so fear not. Flash at your own risk!!!
See post 2 for changelog and downloads.
1) Download the correct file for your Rom.
2) Copy the downloaded .ZIp file to your EXTERNAL SDCARD.
3) Reboot the Device into CWM recovery.
4) Flash the .Zip file.
Note: There is no further interaction needed. The .Zip will reboot the device when it finishes installing.
So enjoy the first taste of OC on the A200 people. I know its only a moddest 20%, but she'll be soaring soon.
Note: Again these first posts are going to be update and formatted properly... as Time Permits. Changelogs..... GPL compliance..... Credits / Acknowledgements..... will all be in place and updated.
Also once again I ask please only post in this thread regarding bugs and or development. I have started a discussion thread Discussion: Onyx Kernel for all other posts.
Last edited by Obsidian; 05-21-2012 at 04:34 PM.
If you like my work, please feel free to click the "Thanks" button.
If you would like to contribute to further development please feel free.
ALL donations will go to further development - Daddy needs some more Ram
05-02-2012 09:10 PM
Downloads / Changelogs
Downloads / Changelogs:
Stock Based ROM's: Onyx-OC-1.5ghz-v1
CM9 Based ROM's: CM9-Onyx-OC-1.5ghz-v1
Change Log:Acer Stock ICS Kernel (So.....slow.....can't.....take.....it....):
- Modified kernel vermagic string hardset to vermagic stored in the NTFS module - ufsd.ko (This module controls ntfs formatted usb drive automounting)1
- Overclocked to 1.5ghz
- No other changes for the 1.5ghz release. Still stock kernel config.
- Modified individual ramdisks to allow for increased speeds.
- Note: Stock based and CM9 Ramdisks are NOT interchangeable.
1) This modification allows for the ufsd.ko module to load against a kernel using a custom localversion name. By setting the vermagic string before compiling to the string stored in the stock module, all kernel modules and the kernels vermagic string match. This way the kernel won't prevent ufsd.ko from loading due to an incorrect vermagic string. (Sounds interesting huh!)
Last edited by Obsidian; 06-14-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Known Bugs / To do List / Credits - Acknowledgements
To Do List:
- More speed.......... (is there really anything else we need?)
- Lol this part will take some time to populate......
- My personal To Do List is sooooooo large that I need to make an outline first and then i can start giving you guys a list.
Credits - Acknowledgements:
Yeah so this will take me a while to. In my efforts to get this out to you all.... I didn't write any of this down. What i did do however is bookmark each and every single web page that I went to, even if i didn't use the info. I just have about 6 - 700 bookmarks to get through, and then i'll have this populated.
Last edited by Obsidian; 05-04-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Reason: Added to the todo list!
This is so freaking awesome!!!! Thanks for this Obsidian.
What CPU app would you recommend for setting the speed?
Obsidian You're Mythical! Thank you so much!
Depends, if your on CM9 none. Use the performance tab under settings. For stock based roms, I usually just go with setCPU. However it is already at max speed right out of the box so don't feel like you NEED to use a program.
Originally Posted by mtomerlin
You sir are welcome. Many sleepless nights have led to this!
Originally Posted by daimerion
idk if i missed this but i lost root after flashing