• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: SimpleRoot (super simple root for your Acer Iconia Tab A200)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I Googled around and did a search of the forum with no luck.

Ok I am a dufus. I was running fine with unlock and root. Then I went and screwed everything up by doing the factory reset. I was trying to reassociate the tablet to another Google account. I am unlocked but no root. Simple tools v3 says unable to connect to something Is system running. It looks like Superuser.apk did not install.

I have access to a dual boot Ubuntu/7 machine, so whatever works is fine with me.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by klipschfan View Post
    I Googled around and did a search of the forum with no luck.

Ok I am a dufus. I was running fine with unlock and root. Then I went and screwed everything up by doing the factory reset. I was trying to reassociate the tablet to another Google account. I am unlocked but no root. Simple tools v3 says unable to connect to something Is system running. It looks like Superuser.apk did not install.

I have access to a dual boot Ubuntu/7 machine, so whatever works is fine with me.
    here is http://www.4shared.com/zip/l8xXS_ak/...leTool_V2.html this one should work better. Also can you boot into recovery and make a backup of your a200 and upload it or email it to me.

[l]
    Last edited by lildee236; 01-22-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the response and the link. However the V2 link came without the .bat file and I don't know if there was a difference between the simple.bat from version 2 and 3.

The message that I got was that it could not access the Package Manager.

Another bit of information is that the fastboot oem unlock bombed presumably because the bootloader was already unlocked. I tried to follow the steps manually to try and relock the bootloader, but it failed too. I did at least get to the point where the door and padlock were on the screen. I was able to toggle the highlighted area from the padlock to the door and back again, but once I hit the right volume control it froze at that point.

I tried editing the bat file to eliminate the unlock portion, but it bombed at the mempodroid area. I saw the counter tick off for the flash boot.img etc.

Now in the way of resources I already downloaded the stock zip file. I have a backup in the clockworkmod folder on the external_sd card, but I don't remember what program I used to make that backup. (does it matter?) I installed Android Development Tools on the Ubuntu 12.04 partition and the mtp tools. I have Root Explorer, Acer Recovery Installer (no root, so it doesn't work),
    Busybox Installer, ROM Manager. I do see su in the /system/bin folder. I don't see Superuser.apk anywhere, unless I am not looking in the right place. What else do I need? Given this ball of wax what kind of MacGyver approach do I take?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    when the door and padlock come up you have to hurry and make your pick and I think that should fix it. And no it doesnt matter i can make the most of whatever backup you can upload thanks.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't think uploading a backup is a good idea especially when part of the title of this forum is "hacking." I understand that a good hacker will find a way in the back door, but I am not going to let someone in the front door.

I can follow directions like a recipe and create things that make me look like a chef. Yes, that makes me a script kiddie. So be it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK I got everything back to factory plus the updates.

I edited simple.bat file to run up to the point of fastboot oem lock but it kept denying me access. Tell me if I'm wrong, but the factory reset and the original root were somehow incompatible.

Anyway after I restored the backup via the power-left volume and ran the bat again with the fastboot oem unlock line commented (@E
    CHO) out, I got an error message that the bootloader was locked. GREAT! I did a <control>c and stopped the bat. I powered down and removed the SD card. Power up revealed that the bootloader no longer reported "unlocked." I did the factory reset from the Settings menu. This time the update came down and ran. After the reboot everything looks fine. The About screen shows the correct build etc.

Time to make a backup!!!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK I got everything back to factory plus the updates.

I edited simple.bat file to run up to the point of fastboot oem lock but it kept denying me access. Tell me if I'm wrong, but the factory reset and the original root were somehow incompatible.

Anyway after I restored the backup via the power-left volume and ran the bat again with the fastboot oem unlock line commented (@E
    CHO) out, I got an error message that the bootloader was locked. GREAT! I did a <control>c and stopped the bat. I powered down and removed the SD card. Power up revealed that the bootloader no longer reported "unlocked." I did the factory reset from the Settings menu. This time the update came down and ran. After the reboot everything looks fine. The About screen shows the correct build etc.

Time to make a backup!!!
    Im glad this workeD but i really need help or im gonna be in big trouble with my mom
    Last edited by lildee236; 01-24-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lildee236 View Post
    Im glad this workeD but i really need help or im gonna be in big trouble with my mom
    I'm sorry but I'm lost like you most of the time. Sometimes when I smash my head against the wall a few dozen times in the dark room I eventually find a door. Sometimes I am in another dark room thus - loop - repeat. You can see the possibility that I go back and forth in an endless loop.

The Superuser.apk did not get installed for me, so I downloaded APK Installer and downloaded the file from a network share via ES File Explorer. Installed the APK from the Simpleroot V3 folder and IT WORKED!!! Root Checker Basic verified root!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm sorry but I'm lost like you most of the time. Sometimes when I smash my head against the wall a few dozen times in the dark room I eventually find a door. Sometimes I am in another dark room thus - loop - repeat. You can see the possibility that I go back and forth in an endless loop.

The Superuser.apk did not get installed for me, so I downloaded APK Installer and downloaded the file from a network share via ES File Explorer. Installed the APK from the Simpleroot V3 folder and IT WORKED!!! Root Checker Basic verified root!
    Yes! know can you make a backup and send to me because I don't want to have to send it to acer because my mom gonna say something

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Someone else posted with the same issue I am having. I installed the usb driver, when I plug in my tab, it is recognized but when I try and run the tool it just hangs. I am also using a Widnows 7 Laptop.

Anyone have any ideas as to why I can't proceed?

"Why will my device not reboot?

5. Open the Acer A200 SimpleRoot folder and double click on the simple.bat"
    6. Once you do this on your A200 will reboot...
    It doesn't. I chose to check for the correct ADB drivers, and it's stuck at 'daemon started successfully'.

Edit: Seems like this is an issue with Windows 8 and the ADB drivers, I have a laptop with Windows 7. Everything works fine there !

Last edited by fztor; 12-30-2012 at 09:39 AM."
    Last edited by caromero; 01-28-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: make an addition

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links