• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: SimpleRoot (super simple root for your Acer Iconia Tab A200)

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Hi everyone,
    I apologize in advance if this is a double post, but I can't find the answer to my questions...

What do you gain by rooting the A200? I know it provides more access to the OS, but I was wondering what changes you would want to make and what difference it makes?

Once rooted, will you continue receiving updates from Acer.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    For those interested, I've translated 'simple.bat' to make also a 'simple_Linux.sh'....

You just have to add it into directory containing images and Windows stuff, and invoke 'simple_Linux.sh' instead 'simple.bat', if you are under Linux
    Of course, other tools like adb and fastboot have to be already installed on your Linux system, and reachable through your PATH...

Tested with success on Ubuntu 11.04 system...

Thanks to all for this 'one click' procedure, working fine on my A200 !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Doume; 03-01-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    alucard1989 likes this.
    Iconia Tab A200 (Omnirom KitKat 4.4.4 IconiaHD )..........
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (KitKat 4.4.2 stock rom)....

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kkomdoong View Post
    Am I doing it right? its not working for me.
    1. USB debugging
    2. extract the folder
    3. connect table to pc
    4. double click on simpe.bat

and after i double click it,its telling me hit any key and it'll move on in cmd mode so i did and nothing ever happens after that..
    can some one please help me?
    The only step you didn't quote is the selection of the unlocked pad lock icon on your tablet's screen. Did you do that step?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi. My first post here. I'm a new A200 owner and just rooted my phone. Thank you guys a lot for the easy instructions.

A couple of things. I'm new to Android and so far I like ICS but I'm coming from using webos and there are a few things I don't like. Overall though, the A200 is a very nice piece.

A few questions on what can be done to a rooted A200 and how to do it. I downloaded Superuser and Root Explorer and I can get to the data folder and all that. But I don't know exactly what "bloatware" to remove. The main reason I rooted was to put apps on my micro sd card and I still can't do that (I tried a bunch of programs... LinkSD, App to SD, Titanium etc.) and nothing gets moved. I can only still load pics and videos directly to the card for storage. Is there something I'm missing? It would be cool to download an app and have the option of putting it on the external card.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Last edited by gtman55; 03-01-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Great one click...one suggestion though is that you should add commands to adb to chmod 777 /system/vendor/app....so the not so tech savvy people dont have to do it themselves

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Timulika View Post
    The only step you didn't quote is the selection of the unlocked pad lock icon on your tablet's screen. Did you do that step?
    Yes I did,
    but it's still not doing anything on the cmd mode.
    So for #3. when it asks connect to PC and all drivers installed,<- is that mean i just plug into pc?

Also is there any programs or preparation I need to do before I root it?

When I click on simple.bat, its asking me to click any button to continue and when I do, nothing's really happening...

Sorry for being dumb....

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kkomdoong View Post
    Yes I did,
    but it's still not doing anything on the cmd mode.
    So for #3. when it asks connect to PC and all drivers installed,<- is that mean i just plug into pc?

Also is there any programs or preparation I need to do before I root it?

When I click on simple.bat, its asking me to click any button to continue and when I do, nothing's really happening...

Sorry for being dumb....

No worries, so a couple of questions. Are you using windows 7? When you connect your tab does your computer ask you what you want to do?
    It sounds like the problem might be between your tab and your PC. You should get a confirmation sound when you first plug your tab in and then you would normally get a small pop up screen on your PC asking you what you want to do with your tab, like open device and view files.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hbwelch View Post
    No worries, so a couple of questions. Are you using windows 7? When you connect your tab does your computer ask you what you want to do?
    It sounds like the problem might be between your tab and your PC. You should get a confirmation sound when you first plug your tab in and then you would normally get a small pop up screen on your PC asking you what you want to do with your tab, like open device and view files.
    Yes I'm using Win7 and it does what you exactly told me to do

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    When you start the simple.bat file does your tab reboot and show you the lock and door icon?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hbwelch View Post
    When you start the simple.bat file does your tab reboot and show you the lock and door icon?
    no nothing happens to the tablet and on windows, cmd mode pops and ask me to hit any key to continue

do I need to install something on my tablet?

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links