• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

HELP - Restore A200 w/broken screen to stock. do I need a .IMG file of ROM?

I need to restore my A200 back to stock (from CM).

I have a novice understanding of the basics of rooting and managing custom ROM's (and a friend who knows more but does not have the time to dig into this particular problem for me unless I figure out the solution)

The screen is cracked (40% of the left side of the screen does not register touch input) and I am unable to select the buttons for the options I would need to install a stock ROM .ZIP via TWRP (older version with no USB mouse support. I have read something about porting a newer version of TWRP with USB support for the A200, but I'm some what confused about this procedure or if it will work for me).

The other way that I'm sorta familiar with is using ADB. I've gotten ADB installed and recognizing my tablet, but I seem to require a .IMG file to flash the ROM.

Would anyone have a .IMG file of the stock North American ROM they could send me?

Otherwise, if there's another method, could you fill me in, please?

I've been searching and reading but have not found anything that seems to apply to my situation.

Thank you

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links