• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Frederuco
  • 1 Post By Mrhelper

Thread: Where does the memory go ?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Where does the memory go ?

I have had this happen a time or two, install an app (ie: Grand Theft Auto III-v1.3 ) to have it fail to load so I uninstall it after I realize that the reason it failed in the begin with is because I failed to place the files in the "obb" directory. I'll attempt to reinstall the app and it will tell me I'm out of memory. So where has the memory gone ? only way I am able to get it back on the tablet is to do a wipe and start from scratch. Any advise this is my first Android device here.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Use the app Disk Usage from the Play Store. This app allows you to see where your space is.

My guess is that it is an issue with the GPS. If this is the case the. You need to be rooted to fix it without a factory reset. If you are not rooted and it is the GPS issue you need to factory reset to fix it.
    Mrhelper likes this.
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munchin on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene. - Homer Jay Simpson

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    As of mid July, Acer has been pushing out a system update to a200s that apparently fixes the GPS log file leak, and a security issue. It should prevent the problem from happening, but I have not heard whether or not it cleans up the garbage log files that were already written. The Factory data reset will cover that part though. The update is discussed here: New update???
    Frederuco likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links