• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frederuco

Thread: SD max size for A200

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question SD max size for A200

Hi I am new to the Android world and the forum, I have tried doing a search to no avail and from what I have been able to find says that the A200 is only able to go up to a 32 Gig SD card, Does anyone know if a 64 Gig will work. It seem's that if I am able to use a 64 Gig in the USB port that a 64 would also work in the SD slot as well or am I wrong ? I'll be the first person to say I have no clue about Android and this is my first Android device. So any help getting me to understand the Android system will be gratefully appreciated.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Format the 64GB card in Windows using NTFS.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    As MrHelper pointed out, yes it will work if you reformat it.

Here is the logic:
    SD is the designation for cards 2 GB and smaller and the format is FAT (or maybe FAT32) for the file system.
    SDHC is the designation of cards from 4 GB up to 32 GB and the format is FAT32 for the file system.
    SDXC is the designation of cards from 64 GB up to 2 TB and the format is exFAT for the file system (a new file format that M$ came up with).

You cannot by default format a 64GB card for FAT32 to get compatibility and not all Android devices have exFAT compatibility. You can easily format for NTFS and most android devices can read/write. You can also use 3rd party programs (HP has one that works) to format the larger card for FAT32. I would recommend NTFS for a large card as FAT32 has a limitation of 4 GB per file. This can come into play if you have any Blu-Ray rips to put on there. Also, my Nikon D90 camera can format 64 GB and 128 GB SD cards for FAT32 and use all of the space as well. My camera only advertises SDHC compatibility, but formatted properly it can go much larger.
    Mrhelper likes this.
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munchin on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene. - Homer Jay Simpson

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links