• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

how do I move files and images to my microSD card using either es file explorer or..

I'm new to the android/tablet world. I have downloaded both ES file explorer and Astro file manager and cannot figure out on either one how to move some files and pictures from the internal memory of my A200 to my microSD card. The programs see the card but I can't figure out how to move the files. Have queried both developers and have not heard back from either and their websites are of no use. Any assistance or another recommendation for a different, easier to use file manager is appreciated.
    Cheers,

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    All you have to do is navigate to where the files are using either Astro or ES file explorer (you don't need both). Once there long press the file and a screen will pop up. scroll down to move and then navigate to the sd card, normally named "ext sd card" long press again and click on paste.

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    All you have to do is navigate to where the files are using either Astro or ES file explorer (you don't need both). Once there long press the file and a screen will pop up. scroll down to move and then navigate to the sd card, normally named "ext sd card" long press again and click on paste.
    Using ES file explorer; when I do the above then my micro SD card is not being seen by the file manager. What I see is /mnt/sdcard at the top but nothing resembling an sd card in the options. How do I get the file manager to see my micro SD Card? The tablet sees it...
    Again, thanks for any assistance...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    On the A100 it is: mnt/external_sd. Also I thought in ICS they took away the write permission for the microSD.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bilderberg View Post
    On the A100 it is: mnt/external_sd. Also I thought in ICS they took away the write permission for the microSD.
    OK, at the expense of sounding REALLY stoopid, are you telling me I cannot write to my microSD?? I have an A200 with ICS... I've just tried using Astro thinking it might be more accommodating and it sees the external storage card but when I try moving a file to the micro SD, it doesn't move. I did what RobKort said to do but when I go to the micro SD in settings, there's nothing on it. This just cannot be so hard! and WHY, for pete's sake, would you not be able to put files in external storage??

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Long press on the external_sd folder, go to details and see what the permissions are.

I'm saying I believe you can't write to the microSD card within the OS (stock ICS). But you can from usb or pulling the card. Or if your rooted, you can change the permissions.
    Acer Support Website

i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Using your PC you can drag n drop files on to your micro card, like music, movies or books even pictures and your tablet will find them, I never place these sort of files on internal memory, not enough of it so leave it for installed programs. Jim

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Long press on the external_sd folder, go to details and see what the permissions are.

I'm saying I believe you can't write to the microSD card within the OS (stock ICS). But you can from usb or pulling the card. Or if your rooted, you can change the permissions.
    bilderberg, permissions say "drw" whatever that means (?). In the future I will do what jimkraz suggests but did not know at the time that I could not move files within the tablet. I have considered rooting but am too new to this to undertake and end up with a "bricked" tablet. From what I can see on the forums once that happens there's no "cure".

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    DRW permissions should allow you to write to the folder. Verify the copy/cut and paste is working.
    Acer Support Website

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    DRW permissions should allow you to write to the folder. Verify the copy/cut and paste is working.
    Yes, I'm happy to report that using astro file manager the copy/paste function is working. I can copy a document to another file just fine. Tried copying/pasting to the micro SD and that works. So it's the move function that's not working properly. I can work around this using Astro but prefer ES file manager so will work with that one and see which one can accomplish what I need done!
    Thanks to all that responded!
    Cheers,

Ads