• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Damn the Digitizer!!!!

I finally decided to grab another good deal on a tablet and got the Acer Iconia Tab A200 for $75, really $75. I already have a ASUS Transformer and love it before I got it, I got rid of my first Tab the A500. Love both Acer And Asus. no hate here. Anyways the problem I have is that I got his superb deal on eBay, as the listing was for the A200 in "mint" with all the original stuff(ie. Box, papers....) So naturally thought " Something has to be wrong with it". But when i got the only wrong with it was a hair line crack in the upper left hand corner. The LCD is still intact but touch functionality is gone around the crack. i have looked everywhere on line to find a replacement digitizer but to no avail. I haven't tried to contact acer Yet because of how I bought it. I know that its still under warranty as the first owner never registered it. Now its registered to me and I am the only owner, at least to ACER anyways. So I Think that I can get Acer to replace but not sure. But if any of y'all know where to look for a replacement digitizer PLEASE left me know. Also some advice on if I should let acer fix it or not. Thanks for ya'lls time

2. # ADS
    Ads

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    This was the only site I could find, you could contact them to see if they can assist .Dont know if its a full screen (With digitiser)

Acer ICONIA TAB A200-10G08U replacement Laptop LCD Screen $79.99 Brand-new screens (never used).
    Last edited by gary; 05-27-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the suggestion , but unfortunately I had already called this company and from what I could understand from the sales rep. was that Its just the LCD panel and not the digitizer. But thanks anyways
    Devices : Asus TRANSFORMER Tf101
    Acer Iconia Tab A200

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Bump
    Hi there,
    I'm having the same issue my touch screen glass is broken (the LCD display is untouched) and I'm looking for a replacement. Did you found one?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    typically a cracked screen will not be covered under warranty. since its such a small crack I would suggest taking the tablet apart yourself and seeing if a connector popped loose. Ive replaced screens on many items and even horribly cracked screens still had touch functionality. thats why i think it was dropped just right to pop loose a connector or ribbon

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same issue my touch screen glass is broken (the LCD display is untouched) and I'm looking for a replacement. Did you found one?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My mom dropped hers, I got one on eBay.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    LCD Display&Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement For Acer Iconia A200 B101EVT03.1 | eBay

It's expensive, and it sucks, but it's the only one I could find.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Ads