• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question wifi connection after powerup

Acer iconium a200 with android 4.0 . Sometimes after powering off,complete shutdown at end of day, when turning back on next day, its not connected to home network have to go into settings and manually connect. Have checked never to have it disconnect while sleep. This doesn't happen every day. Anyone know why it does this? Also, why in Advanced Settngs, advanced wifi is greyed out? Tab is not rooted, don't want it rooted. Otherwise, am happy with this Tab. Thanks for any help.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asalynn View Post
    Acer iconium a200 with android 4.0 . Sometimes after powering off,complete shutdown at end of day, when turning back on next day, its not connected to home network have to go into settings and manually connect. Have checked never to have it disconnect while sleep. This doesn't happen every day. Anyone know why it does this? Also, why in Advanced Settngs, advanced wifi is greyed out? Tab is not rooted, don't want it rooted. Otherwise, am happy with this Tab. Thanks for any help.
    Well...I thought I was the only one with this problem. This has happened to me a couple of times and it's unnerving. Each time I have had to connect manually. However, upon immediately shutting down and rebooting, everything seems okay and the unit connects without a glitch. Very, very strange....

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had mine fail to connect to wifi a couple of times on bootup.... not regularly though. I haven't noticed any problem getting to advanced wifi settings, but maybe I'm not looking in the same place.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I could be wrong but I think this happens due to signal strength and/or router. I have noticed my wifi does not connect after power up in certain parts of my house. After turning the wifi on it works fine. Plus I have an old router that needs resetting sometimes. I think it is the tablets wifi range honestly. My laptop shows full strength where my tab only shows half.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had it happen 10 feet from my router. It's not dependent on range for me.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    happened to me aswell but after hard reset fixed it

Ads