• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question "Groove IP (Lite)" app triggers password lock when you hang up a call

I just installed "Groove IP Lite" on my A100 for free Google Voice calls, and it generally works well.

But, every time I hang up a call by tapping the red bar, the tablet goes into lock mode and forces me to enter my password. Kind of inconvenient. There's a 3-note tone that plays each time you hang up, which I theorize may be triggering this event on the A100. The developer said they don't know the cause and it's probably not happening on most tablets.

Has anyone had the same lockout issue with "Groove IP Lite" and/or the paid version of it?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: "Groove IP (Lite)" app triggers password lock when you hang up a call

I have the paid version for my 8 y.o. on her A100 but I couldn't tell u of that issue cuz I have the lockscreen disabled. I will enable it and try it out to see what it does. I'm on the Flex Reaper Relix rom btw. If u haven't go through every setting on the GrooveIP app and see if something there is causing that.

Sent from my Blutiful Hercules.
    Last edited by mrrobc97; 02-09-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Yep...I enabled password lock on her tablet and after hanging up it goes straight to the lockscreen. It might be a default setting the app has to go back to the lockscreen . Your is more anoying cuz you use the password lockscreen. I did not see in the settings anything that disables that or to make it go to your homescreen instead of your lockscreen. Those other "LOCK" setting are to basically keep your phone/tablet partially awake so u dont miss any calls but if you still get calls when your tablet is sleeping then I will leave those settings unchecked to save battery. You might have to live with it or either change the type of lockscreen to make it less of a hassle or disable it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrobc97 View Post
    Yep...I enabled password lock on her tablet and after hanging up it goes straight to the lockscreen. It might be a default setting the app has to go back to the lockscreen . Your is more anoying cuz you use the password lockscreen. I did not see in the settings anything that disables that or to make it go to your homescreen instead of your lockscreen. Those other "LOCK" setting are to basically keep your phone/tablet partially awake so u dont miss any calls but if you still get calls when your tablet is sleeping then I will leave those settings unchecked to save battery. You might have to live with it or either change the type of lockscreen to make it less of a hassle or disable it.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by homescreen vs. lockscreen, since "lockscreen" should be the same password screen needed to access the tablet after booting up. I'd never use mine without a Password, PIN or Pattern lock code. Pattern is the weakest so I avoid that method.

But, it turns out that uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the problem (at least for now). The cause remains unclear.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by J8576375 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by homescreen vs. lockscreen, since "lockscreen" should be the same password screen needed to access the tablet after booting up. I'd never use mine without a Password, PIN or Pattern lock code. Pattern is the weakest so I avoid that method.

But, it turns out that uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the problem (at least for now). The cause remains unclear.
    Homescreen its the first screen that you go to everytime after you unlock. Glad you were able to fix your problem.

Sent from my Blutiful Thrive.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links