• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hard Reset Not Working

So this morning I turned on my A100, as I always do, to get connected with the world. I surfed briefly and then put it down for a bit to take care of some things. When I came back to it it was off, which was strange. I turned it back on and all it did was go to the Acer boot screen and no farther. Having had to factory reset this unit once before, I was prepared to lose it all. I jumped onto the forums to find information as to what the deal was this time. I found several posts that were very similar to my situation. I followed the Method 2 Reset to the letter and tried to preform the action several times with no success.

Sadly, it seems, my little tablet is kupooie!

Now I read that this seems to be a hardware issue that Acer is aware of and will fix if I send it in. I just need to know where I go and who I talk to/correspond with in order to remedy this situation. As annoying as it can be sometimes, I miss my little android tablet already!

Thank you in advance for any information that I can garner from the collected intelligence on this forum.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Since you did the factory reset and it didn't work, I would start a live chat with Acer and tell them what happened. Have your serial number handy. It can be found on the box it came in and under the microsd slot cover. It will ask for your serial number after you click on contact Acer.

Acer support page
    Acer Support: Welcome to Acer Support
    Last edited by bilderberg; 10-29-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Ads