• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: a100 wont go past acer screen. Help!!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

a100 wont go past acer screen. Help!!

So today I was spending some time on my tablet, not doing anything out of the ordinary when it randomly shuts off. When i got to try to turn it back on it simply will not proceed past the acer screen. I tried holding power and the up volume button and that took me to and andriod man where there seems to be a blue gear/orb thing spinning. After that I see a what appears to be a dead andriod man with a red exclamation marker over him.

can anyone help me?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Welcome :-)

Please follow the link in my signature, for completing a factory reset. and follow the instructions in method 2. It may take several tries, but resetting the tablet might be your only hope. Note you will lose any data not on the external micro SD card.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy dead android icon with red triangle and exclamation in it

Quote Originally Posted by bilderberg View Post
    Welcome :-)

Please follow the link in my signature, for completing a factory reset. and follow the instructions in method 2. It may take several tries, but resetting the tablet might be your only hope. Note you will lose any data not on the external micro SD card.
    any update on this @ mrman7522 think I also have the same problem when doing hard reset..initailly it will show a standing android icon with spinning thing in its stomach then i end up with the dead android with red triangle and exclamation...

20120813_230204.jpg

@mrman7522 - our only difference is that i can still boot my tab and use it normally except for the rear cam..
    Last edited by eboidoria; 08-14-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eboidoria View Post
    any update on this @ mrman7522 think I also have the same problem when doing hard reset..initailly it will show a standing android icon with spinning thing in its stomach then i end up with the dead android with red triangle and exclamation...

Attachment 1203

@mrman7522 - our only difference is that i can still boot my tab and use it normally except for the rear cam..
    I don't wanna be a Negative Nancy, but it sounds like an issue that's common: [Q] A100 won't mount emmc or SD Card - xda-developers

This happened to me -- I sent it in to Acer Repair in Texas, and they fixed it. It's out for delivery back to me as we speak..or type...whatever.

It randomly froze on my while I was using GTalk. Couldn't boot past the Acer screen at all. I was rooted, unlocked bootloader, and Relix ROM installed. Acer fixed it for free.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eboidoria View Post

Attachment 1203

That screen your showing is the recovery (SD card update). You need to use the other volume rocker to factory reset, along with the rotation lock. Check my signature.
    Mrhelper likes this.
    Acer Support Website

i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Just curious -- what does your experience tell you if the factory reset (Method 2) wipes cache and user data, but doesn't boot past the Acer screen?

Quote Originally Posted by bilderberg View Post
    That screen your showing is the recovery (SD card update). You need to use the other volume rocker to factory reset, along with the rotation lock. Check my signature.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    I'd have to say that its probably faulty hardware, if you couldn't get an official update.zip to install through the stock recovery.

The rumor is the Acer tabs have an emmc issues which will kill all the partitions and without full access to the tab, its dead.
    Acer Support Website

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Damn! Im kinda losing hope after reading this post.
    I think the same thing happened to my A100.

Quick Story: My tablet is rooted. Last time i remember using it, Monday night. Yesterday (Tuesday) i've tried to turn it on and stuck on Acer logo and it wont pass from there

I've tried several things:

Normal reboot .... nothing.
    Using the paperclip .... nothing.
    Inserted stock rom update.zip .... (not found, apparently, it looks for it inside memory_sd and i have it in external_sd (16GB fat32)

I would like to know how to get that menu that is in the picture attached on this post. I've tried so many times but i just cant get it.
    I think that's my only hope because i lost stupid purchase order and without it, i can't take it to warranty in my country.

Any more advices? I have already my shovel and ready to go to graveyard to bury it

UPDATE: I forgot to say one thing. Before i tried to turn it on at Tuesday night, i notice the bhe fattery ran out. This was this was the first time i let the battery drain to 0% (not on purpose). Maybe the battery running out had caused the trouble? Maybe rooted tablets need to have some batter power always?

UPDATE 2: I finally manage to get that menu by press HOME button when the dead android appears. However, i can't select any options. I move around them with the volume controls but if i press power, nothing happens, if i press home, just hides the menu. How can i select anything from this menu?

I think my tablet is dead. A lot of failed to mount messages.
    dead.tablet.jpg
    Last edited by RichardManDX; 08-15-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Bummer. Someone may be able to help, I dunno, but this was happening to me exactly...line for line. I sent mine back to Acer for repair. Nothing was working for me, I couldn't even connect via ADB.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardManDX View Post
    Damn! Im kinda losing hope after reading this post.
    I think the same thing happened to my A100.

Quick Story: My tablet is rooted. Last time i remember using it, Monday night. Yesterday (Tuesday) i've tried to turn it on and stuck on Acer logo and it wont pass from there

I've tried several things:

Normal reboot .... nothing.
    Using the paperclip .... nothing.
    Inserted stock rom update.zip .... (not found, apparently, it looks for it inside memory_sd and i have it in external_sd (16GB fat32)

I would like to know how to get that menu that is in the picture attached on this post. I've tried so many times but i just cant get it.
    I think that's my only hope because i lost stupid purchase order and without it, i can't take it to warranty in my country.

Any more advices? I have already my shovel and ready to go to graveyard to bury it

UPDATE: I forgot to say one thing. Before i tried to turn it on at Tuesday night, i notice the bhe fattery ran out. This was this was the first time i let the battery drain to 0% (not on purpose). Maybe the battery running out had caused the trouble? Maybe rooted tablets need to have some batter power always?

UPDATE 2: I finally manage to get that menu by press HOME button when the dead android appears. However, i can't select any options. I move around them with the volume controls but if i press power, nothing happens, if i press home, just hides the menu. How can i select anything from this menu?

I think my tablet is dead. A lot of failed to mount messages.
    Attachment 1207

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eatnosenuggets View Post
    Bummer. Someone may be able to help, I dunno, but this was happening to me exactly...line for line. I sent mine back to Acer for repair. Nothing was working for me, I couldn't even connect via ADB.
    Hello, i was wondering how do you manage to send it to Acer. Did you need purcharse order? Did you send it to Acer directly? or you bring it to some Authorized by Acer Local Customer Service?

I have the box with all papers except purchase order.
    Damn, i miss a lot my good ol' tablet

P.S. I don't remember if it was here or at XDA forums. Apparently, that error has no fix until today. I think i won't be purchasing more Acer products. I had a Acer Aspire laptop a few months ago that was overheating. Maybe "cheap" products die sooner than later after all.
    Last edited by RichardManDX; 08-16-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Ads