• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: a100 wont go past acer screen. Help!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dulceflores View Post
    this also happened to mine. I have tried every suggestion I can find on the net. Still dead android. It will not even show
    up when I connect it to my computer. Is there anything I can do with this tablet besides junk it. Can I put Windows 8 on
    it? I mean I am pretty computer savvy but this tablet has me baffled. And I dont want to just throw my hard earned money away?
    If it was bought new, and it is less than a year old, it should be covered under warranty.

There is nothing we can currently do to revive it. Acer hasnt released the sbk, so we can't use nvflash to repair the emmc.

If you want more info here is the "brick thread" from xda, 25 pages and growing.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1735480
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi earlier this year my acer a100 was bricked. Did everything mentioned in this thread to restore it on my end and nothing worked. Sent it back to acer under warranty and got it returned a week later with the description "main board replaced". I moved up to the samsung galaxy 2 and have the acer to my daughter. Jusr last week it again would only show the acer logo and omce again i got the dreaded dead android. Is this bad luck or just a crappy product?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop793 View Post
    Hi earlier this year my acer a100 was bricked. Did everything mentioned in this thread to restore it on my end and nothing worked. Sent it back to acer under warranty and got it returned a week later with the description "main board replaced". I moved up to the samsung galaxy 2 and have the acer to my daughter. Jusr last week it again would only show the acer logo and omce again i got the dreaded dead android. Is this bad luck or just a crappy product?
    It's the product. I've also moved onto a Nexus 7 and gave me Acer to my 5 year old. I also had to send it in twice for this same issue. I liked the A100, but it was time to move on.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK so this is what happened. I sent my tablet in for repair since it was still under warranty. (cost me 20$) They told me the screen was broke and it was going to cost me 200$ to be fixed. I said "No." so they sent it back to me. Its very upsetting. It makes me question the competency of these company's.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times

Re: a100 wont go past acer screen. Help!!

Why would you have to pay if it was under warranty? It just doesn't make sense......

.........TPT'd From my SGS3
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It was "customer induced damage" I don't even think they turned it on,lol. The screen works fine,looks. Everything is fine. If you enjoys staring at error messages and dead androids.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links