• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: a100 wont go past acer screen. Help!!

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Well, I initiated an online chat with Acer Support. Since my unit was under "limited" warranty, they requested I ship it to them for repair. I had to pay for shipping the first time, but they are kindly picking up the tab for the 2nd round of repairs.

In the chat, they gave me instructions on how to send it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eatnosenuggets View Post
    Well, I initiated an online chat with Acer Support. Since my unit was under "limited" warranty, they requested I ship it to them for repair. I had to pay for shipping the first time, but they are kindly picking up the tab for the 2nd round of repairs.

In the chat, they gave me instructions on how to send it.
    Thanks!
    Was your tablet rooted?
    Did they change it with no questions?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardManDX View Post
    Thanks!
    Was your tablet rooted?
    Did they change it with no questions?
    I'm not completely sure what they changed with the tablet. They never kept me informed of their repair or root cause or anything. I can only guess -- and my guess is that they just put a new board in it, loaded Honeycomb, and shipped it back to me with another bad board.

My tablet WAS rooted, with an unlocked boot loader, and a custom ROM. They repaired it free, under warranty. It was really jacked up before I sent it in the first time -- I wouldn't even know HOW they would tell it was rooted since it wasn't doing hardly anything except turning on.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eatnosenuggets View Post
    I'm not completely sure what they changed with the tablet. They never kept me informed of their repair or root cause or anything. I can only guess -- and my guess is that they just put a new board in it, loaded Honeycomb, and shipped it back to me with another bad board.

My tablet WAS rooted, with an unlocked boot loader, and a custom ROM. They repaired it free, under warranty. It was really jacked up before I sent it in the first time -- I wouldn't even know HOW they would tell it was rooted since it wasn't doing hardly anything except turning on.
    Yup, that's what i thought. They hardly gonna waste time seeing if it's rooted or not. I suppose they also know that some tablets have this problem so they dont ask any questions and just replace it.

I just send a email to customer service. I hope there is good news for me.
    Thanks for your fast and kind replies.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yup, that's what i thought. They hardly gonna waste time seeing if it's rooted or not. I suppose they also know that some tablets have this problem so they dont ask any questions and just replace it.

I just send a email to customer service. I hope there is good news for me.
    Thanks for your fast and kind replies.
    Very welcome. Good luck...hope they successfully repair/replace your tab the first time
    bilderberg likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same symptoms and after several attempts by myself and a few more with support couldn't get past the dead android. The factory reset would almost works but seemed to stall out. Sent it to Acer they replaced the main board and display. They will tell you what they do on the repair sheet and you can also ask support and they can look it up. Got it back and GPS was dead, battery was iffy and a few other things off as well. Acer sent a prepaid box this time. The first repair status showed under repair for a few hours on day one then in the afternoon ready for shipping. That was a Monday so might have been the problem. The second time they showed under repair then testing for the next 2 days. Works fine now. Of course the first time the report said it was 100% tested so take that with a big grain of salt.

The Acer techs I talked to were actually competant and not reading out of a service script. To get the free prepaid you need to talk to a level 2 tech which are only available (or were from my locale) before noonish. About the only complaint you might have is that they will offer to send info or repair reports but you don't get them. Other than that not too bad to deal with at all. FYI. Mine was rooted within 24hours of purchase ( I couldn't tolerate the adverts and lack of control )and I couldn't un-root it and nothing was said about it.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Damn! Im kinda losing hope after reading this post.
    I think the same thing happened to my A100.

Quick Story: My tablet is rooted. Last time i remember using it, Monday night. Yesterday (Tuesday) i've tried to turn it on and stuck on Acer lpogo and it wont pass from there

I've tried several things:

Normal reboot .... nothing.
    Using the paperclip .... nothing.
    Inserted stock rom update.zip .... (not found, apparently, it looks for it inside memory_sd and i have it in external_sd (16GB fat32)

I would like to know how to get that menu that is in the picture attached on this post. I've tried so many times but i just cant get it.
    I think that's my only hope because i lost stupid purchase order and without it, i can't take it to warranty in my country.

Any more advices? I have already my shovel and ready to go to graveyard to bury it

UPDATE: I forgot to say one thing. Before i tried to turn it on at Tuesday night, i notice the bhe fattery ran out. This was this was the first time i let the battery drain to 0% (not on purpose). Maybe the battery running out had caused the trouble? Maybe rooted tablets need to have some batter power always?

UPDATE 2: I finally manage to get that menu by press HOME button when the dead android appears. However, i can't select any options. I move around them with the volume controls but if i press power, nothing happens, if i press home, just hides the menu. How can i select anything from this menu?

I think my tablet is dead. A lot of failed to mount messages.
    Attachment 1207
    With the info you have there it looks like the classic dead Acer. There is no bringing it back as of right now. As you can see in the recovery log, all the system partitions are gone.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bilderberg View Post
    With the info you have there it looks like the classic dead Acer. There is no bringing it back as of right now. As you can see in the recovery log, all the system partitions are gone.
    Yup, it's all dead. I really haven't a good experience with Acer products in general. Had a laptop that overheat and now the tablet is dead. Let's hope they send me a nice repaired one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wragie View Post
    Same symptoms and after several attempts by myself and a few more with support couldn't get past the dead android. The factory reset would almost works but seemed to stall out. Sent it to Acer they replaced the main board and display. They will tell you what they do on the repair sheet and you can also ask support and they can look it up. Got it back and GPS was dead, battery was iffy and a few other things off as well. Acer sent a prepaid box this time. The first repair status showed under repair for a few hours on day one then in the afternoon ready for shipping. That was a Monday so might have been the problem. The second time they showed under repair then testing for the next 2 days. Works fine now. Of course the first time the report said it was 100% tested so take that with a big grain of salt.

The Acer techs I talked to were actually competant and not reading out of a service script. To get the free prepaid you need to talk to a level 2 tech which are only available (or were from my locale) before noonish. About the only complaint you might have is that they will offer to send info or repair reports but you don't get them. Other than that not too bad to deal with at all. FYI. Mine was rooted within 24hours of purchase ( I couldn't tolerate the adverts and lack of control )and I couldn't un-root it and nothing was said about it.
    Good tips. I'm taking my to service tomorrow. Hope it's all good. I've smiled when i read "mine was rooted within 24hrs of purchase". I've been there LOL. I don't know why companies bother with crapware. No one likes it, well, except for the people that is not that techy...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine is doing the same thing. I bought my refurb from Onsale and Acer referred me to Teleplan Service Logistics. I just got off the phone with them and since my unit is no longer under warranty, they won't accept it for repair.. even if I pay.

So.. I guess I have 2 options..... sell it for parts to recover a few bucks or since my wife has an identical unit... keep it in case she has a hardware issue and needs parts.

Oh well... live and learn.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question baffled

this also happened to mine. I have tried every suggestion I can find on the net. Still dead android. It will not even show
    up when I connect it to my computer. Is there anything I can do with this tablet besides junk it. Can I put Windows 8 on
    it? I mean I am pretty computer savvy but this tablet has me baffled. And I dont want to just throw my hard earned money away?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links