• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

internet connection

I am using a delink router for internet conections, wifi on the a100 recognizes my network but when i log on it says authentication problem. I can log on with my laptop
    so i know router is working . Is this a wrong password problem? Do i need to reset network and if so how do i do this?
    thank
    Kelvin

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    If you are referring to the Google login for your Android account -- for Play Store, backup, etc. -- verify that the account name and password is correct for that by logging into the account with a browser.

If you are not connecting to your wifi network, then: Go to Settings > wifi, select the network of concern, select forget. Then set it up again and be very careful entering the password, using correct case, etc.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 08-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am refering to network connection. I selected forget. My network still shows in wifi connection window. I selected it, entered password and hit save. Wh en I try to connect it still
    says authentication problem. Is this what I needed to do or is there more to set up new network. I have not had a100 very long and am still learning.
    thanks

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    That's the only place to setup the wifi connection. It automatically detects how your router is configured (type of security) and then asks you for a password if needed. Nothing more complicated than that. If you are still not connecting, double check the password on your router. If it is reporting an authentication problem, then that would most likely be a problem with the password.

Your router logs may have some useful information. You may also want to verify that you are not accidentally trying to connect to some other network. If you have a unique SSID set in your router instead of a default value, then that's less likely.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 08-04-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Ads