• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Periodic Whoosh Noise During Sleep Mode?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Periodic Whoosh Noise During Sleep Mode?

So I was wondering if it's just my tablet or if it's normal that when in sleep mode, the A100 tablet does a faint whoosh sound at random from time to time? The power button lights up blue too when it does this. Sometimes I hear a similar sound when I hit the power button to unlock after it's been in sleep mode for a while. It's not super horrible, just kind of bugs me a little bit.

I've tried turning off the dolby options, turning on airplane mode, disabling wi fi, disabling notifications, and turning volume all the way down...yet it continues to mock me. So as I said before, is this normal? Is it fixable? Does my A100 suffer from sleep apnea???

For reference, I do have the most recent ICS update and I was getting this too when I was using Honeycomb.

Thanks!

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Do you have any live wallpaper enabled? Perhaps one with sounds? Live wallpapers should go to sleep when your tablet is sleep, but maybe you have one installed that is being naughty, taunting you with whooshing noises. My blue light always flashes, even when my tablet is sleep.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Your getting an update of some kind possibly a new email.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by max69power View Post
    Your getting an update of some kind possibly a new email.
    Makes perfect sense. There was this one time I thought there was a rattlesnake in my house. I quickly left home until bf could animal control to come catch the snake. Turns out the "snake" was actually the notification noise on my phone(caffeinated snake)
    rockerbox likes this.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Missus View Post
    There was this one time I thought there was a rattlesnake in my house. I quickly left home until bf could animal control to come catch the snake. Turns out the "snake" was actually the notification noise on my phone(caffeinated snake)
    LOL! How hard was he laughing when he "caught" the snake?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies, it doesn't seem to be my wallpaper. I turned off notifications again and it still did it. *shrugs* It actually took me a while to figure out it was my tablet. And it's not as much a rattle snake or notification sound, but more like someone trying to subtly slice the queso.

So, it seems that more than likely my case is unique then. Would anyone be willing to hold the speakers near their ear while still able to view the power button and push it, then wait for a blue light and see if it goes "whoosh" and report back? It should take no longer than 30 seconds to confirm? Please?
    Last edited by TycoRC; 05-24-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TycoRC View Post
    Thanks for the replies, it doesn't seem to be my wallpaper. I turned off notifications again and it still did it. *shrugs* It actually took me a while to figure out it was my tablet. And it's not as much a rattle snake or notification sound, but more like someone trying to subtly slice the queso.

So, it seems that more than likely my case is unique then. Would anyone be willing to hold the speakers near their ear while still able to view the power button and push it, then wait for a blue light and see if it goes "whoosh" and report back? It should take no longer than 30 seconds to confirm? Please?
    I held the speakers near my ear and did not hear any noise when the blue light flashed. Have you tried turning off Dolby Mobile?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Mine does not make the noise either. It could be something specific to your tab, like an app that is bugging out.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks to the both of you for checking. I tried turning off the Dolby feature a while back and thought it was resolved...but, well, here I am on this forum hehe.

I'm starting to wonder if it is a certain app (can't be a widget, I tried removing them all one time). Only thing left is to do is remove all my apps one at a time to pinpoint a possible culprit. I honestly can't remember when it didn't whoosh. I heard it day one, I just didn't know it was my tablet. But then again I went on a free app spree too that day. Time to experiment with app removal I suppose. Le sigh...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    It might be worth to do a factory reset, and then add your apps back one at a time (the play store will keep them listed for you). Just in case one of the apps borked a system file.
    rockerbox likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links