• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Acer A100 Digitizer Touch Screen

Is there a distributor who sells the Acer A100 Touch Screen Digitizer? I have two of them that need to be fixed. Do you have to replace both the glass and LCD screen together? or can they be seperated?

I couldnt find any repalcement parts on Ebay or Google. Any suggestions would help. I also check on here.. only found info on the LCD though.

Thx

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi,
    same here but with iconia pad a200 - the touch screen is broken but the lcd display is untouched. did you find Touch Screen Digitizer anywhere?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    I believe the iconia's screens are mostly sold as a unit, LCD and digitizer. I can't give you a specific supplier, but if you Google 'acer a200 digitizer' you will see a bunch of them.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes.
    I'm googling all night long but LCD+digitizer looks quite expensive. And I've seen that they sell Touch Screen Digitizer only for other devices.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mogop View Post
    Yes.
    I'm googling all night long but LCD+digitizer looks quite expensive. And I've seen that they sell Touch Screen Digitizer only for other devices.
    I agree. They are expensive due to the fact that they are sold together (I believe they are bonded). If a digitizer only assembly was available it should be relatively easy to find, as they are one of the more common replacement parts. The assembly is about half the cost or more, than a refurbished replacement. Unfortunately.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Acer A100 Digitizer Touch Screen

Had the a100 for about 2 months now.
    about 3 weeks ago i began having the same issue with the screen. the tablet acts as if i am rapidly tapping one of the lower corners of the screen.
    sometimes rotating the tab several times will fix this, other times it requires a reboot to fix it.

I've noticed this problem frequently occurs after the tablet has been "asleep" for 30 mins or more. it has occurred right after start up though.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I read about that problem, most people say it does it when its cold, so try warming up the screen and see if it stops.

I just ordered a new LCD screen for mine because the digitizer is good, but the LCD is cracked on mine. Hopefully it is separate from the digitizer, I havent taken it apart yet.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah they are separate so you can order just the LCD or digitizer. I know this was posted months ago so there was less of a market, but now you can get the LCD on ebay for $40-60

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    been looking all day for a digitizer, found lcd and digitizer on ebay. want just the digitizer. my nephew was watching netflix and threw a lil temper tantrum and threw it on the cement and the screen cracked big time. amazon has digitizers for all other acer tablets. but not the a100 / 101

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links