• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RobKort

Thread: Handbrake Video Settings?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Handbrake Video Settings?

I've Googled around and can't seem to find anything out there with good settings to convert movies into a quality format for the A100. I've been using Handbrake for years to convert DVDs to my iPod Touch and more recently my Motorola Android phone. But obviously the A100 can handle a better quality image. I've tried converting with their iPad setting, but I found the aspect ratio to be stretched out too wide. "Normal" setting seemed to work, but today I tried watching something and found that it also looked somewhat stretched. Using MX Video, I was able to get it to fill the screen but I would prefer to get it to convert to exactly the right size to begin with. Also if there's anything I can do to improve the image quality. I feel like the stretchiness is due to the dedicated toolbar that Honeycomb forces into the bottom sliver of the screen, thus removing it from use. (Rude.) But I'm not technically-minded enough to even begin to figure out how many pixels that uses to try and adjust the aspect ratio numbers.

Is there anyone here using Handbrake who could offer up some nice pre-set settings I could just type in and have at it? Thanks in advance for your help!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    I would suggest converting them to MP4 format.

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I use the Normal profile and then do some tweaking in the advanced tab to make it go faster. The tweaking can be found in the handbrake manual.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too am having a hard time uploading/watching videos properly. My question is, if this device is HDMI out capable and HD, why convert to an mp4 format?

[Sent from my *voided* HTC EVO 4G running CM7 using Tapatalk]

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Because it reduces the size of the file making it more manageable for the tab and preventing lag time.

-end of line-
    rockerbox likes this.

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Because it reduces the size of the file making it more manageable for the tab and preventing lag time.

-end of line-
    My problem I can't download any software like bittorents to help me download what can I do infact please help with software updates and applications for my A100... am new on this field...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Tried bittorrent myself and gave up. Have half a dozen started but still empty files. There are apps out there to manage bittorent on your home computer and to transfer the files back and fro, but if the problem is that you can't download, period, then that's probably not much help. On that tack, if you don't have wireless at home, go sit at McD's or the library and mess around with the WiFi settings.

Cheers

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    correct me if im wrong but cant it play most formats right out(if you use bs player lite) without conversion? try that
    Woe to those poor souls that know neither victory nor defeat, those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight. -Theodore Roosevelt

Moral: Nothing ventured in life, nothing gained!

Acer Iconia A500

Twitter - #LordZilo

Ads