• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rsingram
  • 1 Post By aznmode
  • 1 Post By phatboyj420

Thread: HELP!!! Iconia A100 need recovery!!!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

HELP!!! Iconia A100 need recovery!!!

I have a Iconia Tab A100, which I had rooted. I screwed up and changed some setting, I think it was some heap sizes in one of the root tools that I downloaded. Now it won't boot. I have been searching the net for a recovery rom, in update.zip format, but there doesn't seem to be anything out there. I've had this tablet less than two weeks and I really need some help! Anything would be great!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Had to call Acer to get this fixed, I looked everywhere on the internet and could not find anything on how to do this. This is what they told me:
    1. Place the rotation lock switch in the up position
    2. Press and hold the Volume down button, which is located farthest from the rotation lock
    3. With the Volume down button held, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume down button.
    4. Once the tablet vibrates, switch the rotation lock on and off repeatedly while still holding the Volume down button.
    5. Release the Volume down button and stop switching the rotation lock once the "Erasing Userdata..." message appears in the upper left corner of the screen
    6. Once the factory reset has been completed your tablet will load to the Welcome screen.
    7. Your Factory Data Reset has completed now follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.

I hope this will help someone else!
    NDSMedia likes this.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Good information, thanks. You can also find the 3.2.1 update zip on this forum if you want to upgrade to the latest.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Sorry to hear that but glad you got it fixed. Didn't see this thread otherwise I wouldve posted this. But below is where you can find update.zip files.
    [STOCK ROM] Official Packages - xda-developers

Here's 3.2.1
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [STOCK ROM] Official Packages
    NDSMedia likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, everything is working fine now, but I can't root! When I looked in the xbin folder I found that the su file is still there. I looked at the properties of the file, it shows 0 kbs. I tried everything to replace it but because it is read only, it won't let me replace it. I tried rerooting, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks for all your replies!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Have you tried resetting the tab?

Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I did a factory hard reset, but it did not erase the su file. It's still there and it shows as being 0 kbs in size. I haven't been able to remove it or replace it. I cannot root until I can figure out how to do that. I am running 3.2.1 HC. Is this the wrong place for this question?
    Last edited by rsingram; 12-18-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had the same Prob. the rooting instructions are vague on one point. when you extract the su.zip file you dont put the entire extracted folder into the sdcard instead you open the extracted folder. Inside you find a system folder and a META-INF folder. Open the system folder inside you will find a bin folder open the bin folder inside you will
    find the 25.7 kb su file that needs to be copied to the root of the internal, /sdcard. Then rerun the original root script in Terminal Emulator this will replace the 0kb su file with the 25.7kb su file thats needed for root.
    I faught with this for hours before I finaly figured this out

I also Had the su file where it belonged but it was 0kb because when I first copied the file to the /sdcard
    I copied the entire extracted "su.......signed.zip" folder instead of just the 25.7kb su bianary file.

Hope this saves someone some time
    Last edited by phatboyj420; 01-05-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spelling,form,ETC.
    NDSMedia likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I called acer and they told me to hold the volume up button. After reading this I held the volume down button and the power button, and it worked. Thank you.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayzlulu View Post
    I called acer and they told me to hold the volume up button. After reading this I held the volume down button and the power button, and it worked. Thank you.
    It gets a little confusing with the A100, as it is commonly held in two different positions (due to its home button). Its volume down in portrait, or volume up in landscape, lol.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Ads