• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

saving to sd card

Today I installed a 32gb SD card to give me some elbow room in the 8gb a100 I just bought
    I had little problems connecting the tab to the PC and moving files to the new SD card, not so easy in accessing the SD card from the a100.
    I had to scratch my head a bit to finally access the file via ASTRO MANAGER,

my question is how to access the SD card from within the tablet without using ASTRO MANAGER and how to save files back to it ?

Thank you,
    Domenico

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Are you able to run applications from the SD card like the APP2SD or LINK2SD solution for Gingerbread devices? I am getting the 8GB A500 and was worried about space as I heard Honeycomb manages the SD differently than the former Android versions.

I am wondering if the 8GB will be enough space if I am unable to use the SD like I have been on my Android phone?

Thanks

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It seems even rooted using root explorer, only certain custom roms allow the external minisd to be automatically mounted in the system, still I had to use root explorer, then I could transfer most files to and from internal and external memory. I've had my 16GB for about 6 months and have tons of apps on it, music, widgets, and custom roms. I still am showing almost 10 GBs left. I think Astro is your best bet
    Devices:
    Iconia A200-stock for now
    Samsung Galaxy S3 ROM:Chemistry KERNAL:Agat RECOVERY:TWRP
    HTC EVO LTE 4g S-OFF(DirtyRacun) ROM:RLS1-Operation Jellybean KERNAL:Elementalx-EVO-4.2 RECOVERY:TWRP
    Viewsonic G-Tab ROM: G-HarmonyICS v6 RECOVERY:modified CWM

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello Joey,

I assumed there is more to it than moving the applications? Or does the program you mentioned change all the symlinks, etc? Do you install a program to internal RAM, then using that program to move it's directory or program to the SD, and it knows where it is to execute it and store it's data?

Thanks

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    HC sucks cant move apps to sd so pretty much the sd slot is for movies and music. apps will not run off it.Im preying for a custom rom for the a100 that fixes this problem like on my lg phone

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I wonder if this feature will come back in ICS? seems strange they left it out for HC

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm in the same situation as a play a lot of games. Most games I play require between 400-800mb of storage. And having only 5gb left out of the box I'm so limited to how many games I can install. Let alone apps cause they use the same storage it looks like. So between that and having to recharge this every few hours make me want to return it and wait for something better. There are 16gb a100 but theyre closing in to the $320-$350 range and for that price I might as well get a samsung galaxy 7 plus which I have seen go for $350 on some websites.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Its not much better on ICS, currently running ICS rom on my nexusS. Some apps can be moved to sd and run from sd, some cant
    Devices:
    Iconia A200-stock for now
    Samsung Galaxy S3 ROM:Chemistry KERNAL:Agat RECOVERY:TWRP
    HTC EVO LTE 4g S-OFF(DirtyRacun) ROM:RLS1-Operation Jellybean KERNAL:Elementalx-EVO-4.2 RECOVERY:TWRP
    Viewsonic G-Tab ROM: G-HarmonyICS v6 RECOVERY:modified CWM

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I was recommended an app called GL to SD. I'm able to move game data to external sd (micro sd card).

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, new to the forum as well as the Acer A100. On my EVO 4g if I download music from Amazon MP3 or from Rhapsody it would automatically store it on the SD card. Is that possible with this tablet?

Ads