• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What is using all this battery in Standby, No WiFi, No Background Data

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

What is using all this battery in Standby, No WiFi, No Background Data

What is using all this battery in Standby, No WiFi, No Background Data? Put A100 on Standby with No Wifi, No Background Data at 75% - 9 hours later down to to 25%. Seems kind of surprising to drain at 5% per hour with nothing (major) running except Tablet Idle according to Battery Use in Settings.

Thanks

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew2582 View Post
    What is using all this battery in Standby, No WiFi, No Background Data? Put A100 on Standby with No Wifi, No Background Data at 75% - 9 hours later down to to 25%. Seems kind of surprising to drain at 5% per hour with nothing (major) running except Tablet Idle according to Battery Use in Settings.

Thanks
    I am seeing the same thing. I thought it might be the cell radio issue that we have seen on the A500 but I'm starting to think that's not it.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew2582 View Post

Thanks
    Is it possible even if you don't have the WiFi on, that apps that are set to update them selves such as Twitter,Facebook and New's type apps are still using resources to update??
    If they can't update do to no wifi maybe they keep trying until they succeed.

Its worth at least half a thought .

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kdkinc View Post
    Is it possible even if you don't have the WiFi on, that apps that are set to update them selves such as Twitter,Facebook and New's type apps are still using resources to update??
    If they can't update do to no wifi maybe they keep trying until they succeed.

Its worth at least half a thought .
    If that is the case, disabling background updating in the tablet's settings may be a worthwhile thing to try (should prove if this is the problem anyway)

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As stated in my post above - background data - the process which allows updates - is turned off

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had my a500 for about a week have'nt had no problems with battery on standby. I fully charged battery and use for about 30 min had 97% batter then put on standby went to work came back checked battery use. Battery use said 95% with 16 hr 25 min on battery used for 1 hour had 85% left. Now as I am typing it says 75% with 1day 55 min on battery after 1 hour use.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    This symptom continues to be reported by some users of A100 and A500. Seems random so I pretty much believe its related to some mis-behaving apps that don't allow the Tegra CPU to sleep properly under honeycomb. Poorly designed apps can cause that even if they are not using background data. Some live wallpapers will do this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Battery update 1 day 17 hours on battery 59% battery after 15 hours on standby

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hmmm.. that's strange i dont have this issue..... sometimes i dont even get to use my tablet until night after leaving the house 9am in the morning.... ill pass by my friends house an we will play games i got installed all night and i see no drain.... even today i went to a class i signed up for an only used my tablet on the train playing music then have'nt used it until i got home around 6... turned it on an the battery was still 95%..... i got my Friendster Pro doing checks every 2mins, Gmail checking every 5mins, Android Tablet app and XDA Premium app checking every 5 mins, APPY Geek constantly bringing tech news updates.....

i dont know i have'nt found a battery issue with this device yet and im always using my tablet unless im doing something it could get damaged or cant use at the present time.... maybe you guys should try underclocking when running on battery and wont have charge all day... thats what i do i dont see a performance issue yet
    ROOTED Acer Iconia A100 16gb running HC 3.2

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    like I said, it's random, not happening to every device so likely depends on what apps you have installed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links