• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question So My A100 died...Again, this time no warranty. Need help with DIY fix.

HI Guys. So i managed to flash the a200 bootloader on this thing a while back and installed some custom stuff. After bricking it a few times and having to RMA i decided to leave the bootloader unlocked. About a year later the tablet just died all of a sudden. I can get into CWM recovery but when I try to flash a rom it gives an "fail to mount" error. I did some searching and i found out that maybe the emmc is bad and would require a motherboard replacement. Well since Acer wants to charge me $250 to repair it and a replacement motherboard cost be around $30 I think i would take the risk doing a pulldown and replacing the motherboard myself, If i can get some help to do it as I wouldnt even know where to find the first screw. I'm also willing to document the process and post it as a tutorial for those facing a similar problem if it is successful. So if anyone can advise me on how to do this I would be eternally grateful.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links