• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Sorry to start this thread but please read...!

I have been reading this forum for the correct answer to my problem which I have set out below. From the looks of it, my problem is far from being unique. The problem I have, and please try to be gentle with me, is that most oif the stuff I have read I haven't got a clue what I am reading! I appreciate that replying to such a daft noob is not too cool but if it is possible to help using language for complete idiots the this idiot would be much appreciated!!!

Well, here's the problem. I have the Acer A100 and it won't boot up - won't do much at all in fact. It was all working fine then without warning it just stoped. As said I have looked in here and other places online for what to do and have tried a few things, hard reset with the pin, holding down volume rocker then toggle screen lock switch etc. Got the little Android robot juggling the shape and then the robot on his back with the red triangle. Just tried again and I can't even get the Acer logo to appear now. I have removed the SD card and via my PC I have a card reader so should be able to upload things to the SD card - what can I do to retrieve this tablet? I don't care about saving data etc, I just want to wipe it if needs be and reload an OS that works if possible.

Can I put something on the SD card and do some mystical secret magical button holding sequence that loads up the SD card and all is hunky dory? Or am I screwed?

Many thanks in advance and please treat gently!

Mark

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Emgee or Mark,

You had me really guessing there with your choice of heading for your post "Sorry to start this thread but please read...!" . That doesn't help other persons who may later look through the forum hoping to find an issue similar to theirs. Why not use a heading like "Acer A100 won't boot up"?

Nevertheless, IMHO, your A100 is bricked. If you search these forums you will find similar threads/posts. You can also have a look at The Brick Thread (if you haven't as yet). However, it seems as though you have already tried to reset it and failed. All I can say is if you are certain you have followed the instructions given both here and at XDA's forum and still failed to get the tablet to boot, then it's bricked.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    It does sound like the classic brick that Agouti talked about. All you can really do is try a factory reset, try to flash the stock rom, or contact acer to warranty it. All the links are in my signature.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Have u tried booting up with the charger connected? It happens sometimes to my lil ones A100.

Tapatalked from my Blutiful Thrive.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    For people who wish to learn about Jewish heritage in North Africa, our Morocco Jewish Tours provide the perfect opportunity.

The itinerary gives you an insight into Jewish way of living, practices, rituals and history.

These tours are led by professional licensed guides who have a lot of knowledge about Jews that lived in these regions. Tag along with like-minded people and experience the Jewish era in the modern settings by taking this informational and enriching tour.

Shabbat services and Kosher food options are also available on request.

Below is the itinerary:

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links