• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times

ICS and battery use during sleep

I've got the latest update - ICS and the post-ICS update. I occasionally measure power consumption during sleep overnight. Pre-ICS (Android 3.2.1) it was 1.5 - 2% per hour. I rooted and modified build.prop to make it sleep deeper, and it dropped to just under 1% per hour.
    Fast forward to ICS. Now it consumes 2+% per hour during sleep. After I rooted and modified build.prop to make it sleep deeper (same settings as Android 3), it consumes 1 - 1.5% per hour.
    In short, Android 4 consumes more battery during sleep than Android 3 did. The battery screen doesn't identify any offending app, just shows up under "tablet idle".
    It's not bad enough to be a problem, but a bit disappointing especially given the A100's wimpy battery.
    ---
    Note: the build.prop settings are:
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    Any other settings I can use to improve things?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MRC01 View Post
    I've got the latest update - ICS and the post-ICS update. I occasionally measure power consumption during sleep overnight. Pre-ICS (Android 3.2.1) it was 1.5 - 2% per hour. I rooted and modified build.prop to make it sleep deeper, and it dropped to just under 1% per hour.
    Fast forward to ICS. Now it consumes 2+% per hour during sleep. After I rooted and modified build.prop to make it sleep deeper (same settings as Android 3), it consumes 1 - 1.5% per hour.
    In short, Android 4 consumes more battery during sleep than Android 3 did. The battery screen doesn't identify any offending app, just shows up under "tablet idle".
    It's not bad enough to be a problem, but a bit disappointing especially given the A100's wimpy battery.
    ---
    Note: the build.prop settings are:
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    Any other settings I can use to improve things?
    If you are not already doing so, you may want to try toggling off the master switch for Sync prior to sleep and that may reduce the number of unattended wakeups to few or none.

bgm
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been having similar problems. And once in a while I install an app that won't ever let the tablet actually sleep. HD widgets was horrible. The wifi never shut off. I installed auto airplane mode from google play. When the screen is off there in no wifi. It works great. really increased my overall battery life. Only downside it that you have to turn the app off if you want to stream music with the screen off.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Just tested again last night. Tablet asleep for 8 hours, consumed 6% battery. Looks like it's back to < 1% per hour. And that's with no changes to build.prop.
    But, Google Maps still consumes battery even when not being used, so I used Titanium Backup to freeze it. I never used it anyway, as Earth and Sygic together do everything Maps did, and much better.
    My tablet recently bricked and I had to restore it from scratch. Looks like there was some benefit to reloading clean after 10+ months of heavy use.

Ads