• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrhelper

Thread: email app folders disappeared

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

email app folders disappeared

ok i had honey comb all ok with the way my folders displayed on my stock email app

after ice cream they kept the exact same display showing the folders on the left as inbox sent trash drafts... and junk mail

i had to do a full system restore because the tablet was becoming just unusable after ics so after reading the start from zero seem to be the most mentionable solution...

but now after the restore in my email app the junk folder is gone!!! this is a problem because i do really need to have access to this folder i never had to do anything for the app to show this folder and now that im looking foor it is just no option that can be chosen to display or not any or other folder...

any clue help ?? thank you in advance

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    The answer to your question depends on whether or not your email account is configured to use POP, IMAP, or MAPI protocols. If it is IMAP or MAPI, you should be able to access folders you have created on the server. If it is POP3, there are no such folders on the server, and any folders you may have had previously were merely local on the device. I am not aware of a way to create folders using the stock ICS email app. I don't recall whether or not this was a feature on HC for POP3 accounts, but there were some changes in how POP3 messages are handled in ICS. One change is that messages can now only persist in the stock Android email client until deleted from the server, and once deleted from the server, are also automatically deleted from the tablet. This deletion occurs regardless of which device or interface you use to delete messages (PC, Web interface, phone, tablet, etc.). You can move messages to folders that are already created on the server with IMAP and MAPI accounts though, but again, the current ICS POP client does not appear to support custom folders.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 06-29-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    RobKort likes this.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It is weird the way my folders disappeared, it is a pop account (hotmail), being setup following the assistant it was just there since honey comb, it was still there after the upgrade to ICS but i had browser problems memory problems and i did a full reset, after i setup my email again the junk folder didn't appear anymore... and i really need it because im getting tons of wanted email that is being routed to the junk folder and i can't put it on my wanted list because it arrives from different addresses all the time

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EVANGELIONHD View Post
    It is weird the way my folders disappeared, it is a pop account (hotmail), being setup following the assistant it was just there since honey comb, it was still there after the upgrade to ICS but i had browser problems memory problems and i did a full reset, after i setup my email again the junk folder didn't appear anymore... and i really need it because im getting tons of wanted email that is being routed to the junk folder and i can't put it on my wanted list because it arrives from different addresses all the time
    I'd suggest that you configure your account to use IMAP, but that is apparently not yet supported by Hotmail. If that has changed, that is probably the best option. Second best may be to use Exchange services. Android comes with support for Exchange accounts. This article provides details for settings: Hotmail now supports push email, calendar, and contacts with Exchange ActiveSync

To change this you delete the account, and when adding it back, select manual setup, and Exchange.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 07-01-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Ads