how to fix A100 from a brick?
My A100 became a brick, please help me to solve the problem.
Installed:Android SDK r19, Eclipse, Tegra development package and ACER's USB driver.
A100: ICS upgraded
(1) I set "Debug on" and took root with ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip
(2) Installed unlocked boot loader used "Fastboot&Recovery" and install-eng.bat.
(3) rebooted with volume+ and rock switch. I got unlocked boot loader.
Bootloader v0.03.12-ICS: Starting Fastboot (Unlocked) USB download protocol
(4) installed CWM and wiped.
(5) rewrite with HC 3.2 stock rom. (I intended to revert from ICS to HC. This was my mistake!!! I did't take note UID and CPUID.)
(6) Now, the boot sequence is stopped at "ACER" white logo.
(7) I rebooted fastboot mode. (Volume+ and lock switch)
it shows "Bootloader v0.03.12-ICS: Starting Fastboot USB download protocol". "(unlocked)" is disappeared.
(8) I tried "fastboot oem debug on" and "fastboot oem unlock", both of them are successfully ended. A100 replies "Okay".
(9) But when I tried to do "fastboot erase recovery", then "erasing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: (00000002))" and A100 replies that "Fastboot: Not support the command in Lock mode", "Failed to process command erase:recovery error (0x02)"
(10) "fastboot devices" replies "? fastboot", and "fastboot getvar version" replies "version:0.4", "fastboot getvar serialno" replies "serialno:Kal-El001", so I think it is connected.
(11) Getting back to ADB, however, ADB doesn't connect at all and also ACER's driver is not recognized. I cannot use ADB.
(12) Finally I tried APX mode, Acer USB-Boot device driver is successfully installed. And I tried "nvflash --getbct", for example, then A100 answered "Nvflash started","rcm version 0X4","Command send failed (usb write failed)".
(13) I inserted external sdcard, formatted FAT32, with update.zip. And pressing volume+ reboot, but "Erasing Cache before SD update... SD Update cmd:recovery --Update_package=SDCARD:update.zip", ""Booting recovery kernel image", "Recovery verified failed..."
I can't do any further more.... Please somebody help me.
06-24-2012 08:29 AM
Have you tried a factory reset? When i went from ics to hc I had to factory reset, but that was on the stock recovery. Did you unlock just to go back to hc?
I think what happened is you unlocked using ics and boot loader and then you flashed to a stock hc rom.
Did you nandroid first thing after installing cwm? What rom did you try to install as an 'update'?
>Have you tried a factory reset?
>When i went from ics to hc I had to factory reset, but that was on the stock recovery.
>Did you unlock just to go back to hc?
Yes, I have tried a factory reset. I forced to upgrade HC from ICS, so I wanted to back to HC.
>I think what happened is you unlocked using ics and boot loader and then you flashed to a stock hc rom.
>Did you nandroid first thing after installing cwm?
I should have make a backup with nandoroid, but I didn't.
>What rom did you try to install as an 'update'?
That's official HC rom, Acer_A100_0.000.00_2.007.02_AAP_CUS6JPC_1323328794 907_73ae8267.zip
I'm going to go to Taipei to ask Acer experts whether it is repairable or not. Thank you for posting useful URLs.
Looks like the ROM you flashed relocked the bootloader, happened to me. Just unlock it again and then reflash CWM. Then clear cache & dalvik, then fix permissions, and reboot. Should load your ROM, if not, then wipe system/data/cache/dalvik and reflash your ROM of choice.
Sorry for my english,I'm french but thinks you can understand me...
I've the same problem as you but with a a101 slate.
After update and root on ics android had some troubes( Battery draining quickly, desktop hot and turning on alone...)and I've make a downgrade to HC and my screen was lock on acer...I think my solution can be run on your device.
First you can copy in your sd card a update file and download this one Яндекс.Народ
It's ics for a101
Copy update1.zip in your sd card and rename this in update.zip and reboot in recovery.update will not work until the end but it's fine.
Take off sd card from your slate and reboot in recovery,CWM should run.
In CWM make a wipe data and wipe partition,clear cache &dalvik and fix permission copy in sd card your update.zip ics for a100 and boot in recovery.Chooses apply sd card update zip then internal sd card and yes.update should be work fine.
Say me if it was work well.by