• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

HDMI-to-analog: can I control overscan/underscan?

Hey all,

I recently got an HDMI cable and HDMI-to-analog converter box (the converter box was well priced at ~$40 and can be found here: Amazon.com: HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS: Electronics).

It all works quite well, and the picture is surprisingly sharp on our older Sony flat-ish (still analog) TV. Picture even looks decent without using the S-Video cable, and now that TV can serve up anything the A100 can deliver (I use BubblePNP to stream from a DLNA-enabled NAS as well as using a media server from my iMac). Things are fine, except the picture sent to the TV is too large for it -- can't recall whether that is "underscan" or "overscan" -- but I am missing out on a wee bit of videos/movies all the way around.

Bottom line is, how can I control screen proportions in the HDMI output: horizontal size, vertical size, stretch, etc.? The converter box only has input and output and switches for NTSC/PAL and SVID/RCA video -- no additional controls or on-screen capabilities. I remember having a VGA-to-TV converter back in the day that would allow some control over screen geometry, but was hoping there might be an app I can run on the tablet for that? Some sort of HDMI output controller app? There is not much in the way of controlling HDMI output in the system settings (that I could find), so I am hoping there is something I can do via software...

Any ideas on what to do (or a better place to look) would be mucho appreciated. The picture is OK already, not to mention the ability to stream music and pictures, I would just like to tweak it to perfection, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

sutekh137

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links