• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile I have GREAT news for all the GEN2 3.2 users.

Hey everybody,

Today i had a phone call with Acer regarding the ICS update on my 3.2 GEN2 a100. They connected me to L2 support, and there, a man told me to activate Bluetooth, give him my Bluetooth address and build #. He then told me that the technicians at Acer will send out Android 3.2.1 to my tablet, and i should receive it in a few days. Like you all
    know, 3.2.1 will give you the ability to update to ICS! So im assuming and praying that this will work, and if it does, its a
    hack free method of getting ICS on your 3.2. Sweet!

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthebomb View Post
    Hey everybody,

Today i had a phone call with Acer regarding the ICS update on my 3.2 GEN2 a100. They connected me to L2 support, and there, a man told me to activate Bluetooth, give him my Bluetooth address and build #. He then told me that the technicians at Acer will send out Android 3.2.1 to my tablet, and i should receive it in a few days. Like you all
    know, 3.2.1 will give you the ability to update to ICS! So im assuming and praying that this will work, and if it does, its a
    hack free method of getting ICS on your 3.2. Sweet!
    That would be great if that happens!
    Having said that I'm continuously baffled at ACER and that THIS is the way they address this.
    How about the thousands of owners that will never call into their support line and/or come to a site like this?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbulb View Post
    That would be great if that happens!
    Having said that I'm continuously baffled at ACER and that THIS is the way they address this.
    How about the thousands of owners that will never call into their support line and/or come to a site like this?
    I agree. The reason I initially purchased the A100 was to replaced an aged Archos 5 IMT and go to a more readible format. What I liked about Archos was when they had an update the pushed it but also posted it to their website for those who did not want to wait for the push to occur.

I really can't see why Acer can't/won't do the same.
    -----------------
    Wesley

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    They actually do;

If you go to the Acer site/iconia tab/your tab/support/downloads/documents, you will see them there. It's just for some reason I can explain they are on a weird location. But is also fair to note they have not change it to ICS.

-end of line-
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthebomb View Post
    a man told me to activate Bluetooth, give him my Bluetooth address and build #.
    I'm curious. Does anyone know the reason why turning on Bluetooth would be helpful or required to get an update? It has to come OTA via Wifi.
    So what the heck does Bluetooth have to do with this?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

That dont sound right at all?

Bluetooth goes about 10 meters under the best conditions maybe even 100 meters? How is an update going to happen over the bluetooth?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanOrtiz210 View Post
    Bluetooth goes about 10 meters under the best conditions maybe even 100 meters? How is an update going to happen over the bluetooth?
    It takes them 10 days to find you, drive over to your place in their Icecream truck, park outside and upload the update to you?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbulb View Post
    It takes them 10 days to find you, drive over to your place in their Icecream truck, park outside and upload the update to you?
    Thanks for the laugh. Funny and a bit creepy too :-)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    Usually on my Acer a500

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    jackthebomb & I must have contacted Acer support about the same timeframe on Wednesday. I wasn't registered on here yet to post so he beat me to the punch regarding this.

I'm in MN and I just got my my update for my 3.2 GEN 2 A100 via Bluetooth this evening. My Tab is now at version 3.2.1 however, I've been doing system checks for the past hour and a half and I'm still getting the dreaded "No update. Your device is up to date". I know I should be patient and just wait because "it's coming!" but to be honest I'm irritated that Acer has made getting this update such a timesuck for us A100 users. I STILL don't see anything on their support site regarding this workaround for GEN2 users to get the 3.2.1 update.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Got 3.2.1 update today automatically. Downloaded over wifi. Fixed sound through headphones and the microphone is much better.
    I'm in the us east coast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links