• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ND4SPDN

Thread: Rooting A100 on ICS for Dummies

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times

Rooting A100 on ICS for Dummies

Does anyone have a very simple/straightforward method or link to how to root A100 running ICS stock?
    I heard there was a one-click root method (script I assume) available but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Full root for A100 ICS. Simple method. - xda-developers

If you are using Windows you will need to download and install the drivers first from us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Thanks, I'll check it out!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Missus View Post
    Full root for A100 ICS. Simple method. - xda-developers

If you are using Windows you will need to download and install the drivers first from us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    Ha ha. That thread has, as I write this, 126 posts, many of which are contradictory. So, IMHO, there is still no "simple/straightforward method" to root ICS.
    I really hope one becomes available and is so simple, it can be posted in THIS forum, as opposed to a link of more than a dozen pages of conflicting information.
    Maybe even a method that doesn't require Windows, which I don't have.

xda-developers can be useful, but a lot of stuff there assumes your life is dedicated to computer coding.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I used that method, its simple and straight forward. The problems come with those who don't know much about this stuff, or have done other mods that might interfere with it, or simple don't have the drivers installed..

Its as simple as download the drivers and install without being plugged in yet, download the root file listed, plug in you tab making sure that usb debugging is checked, open the program run it's then download what's listed after you tab restarts by its self, then your rooted.. very very simple
    Missus likes this.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Worked for me also, no problems. The method posted in the forum can use Windows or Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Ha ha. That thread has, as I write this, 126 posts, many of which are contradictory. So, IMHO, there is still no "simple/straightforward method" to root ICS.
    I really hope one becomes available and is so simple, it can be posted in THIS forum, as opposed to a link of more than a dozen pages of conflicting information.
    Maybe even a method that doesn't require Windows, which I don't have.

xda-developers can be useful, but a lot of stuff there assumes your life is dedicated to computer coding.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Well, it's possible on a Mac. A friend had Parallels with Windows 7 on a Mac and we went through the steps.
    (Nobody I know within 20 miles has a PC.)
    Turns out it's a little less simple when using Windows within a window on a Mac.
    Following the steps it failed initially. Finally figured out it was important the ICS_rooting folder be placed in the right directory.
    Then the .bat file had to be started from the command prompt. Of course, not knowing Windows, it took a while to figure out how the heck to get to the command prompt!
    But now I have Titanium Backup and Adfree, the main reasons I wanted root.
    Whatever comes after ICS, I'm not so sure I want to go through all that again.
    Lately I've spent a lot more time figuring out how to upgrade this tablet than actually using it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links