• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Post-ICS Upgrade: Do you see any ICS-related issues on your A100?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

List your problems with ICS

I was just wondering if anyone is having any issues with their tabs after the ICS update. Use this thread to post about them. I haven't had any issues as of yet. I am experiencing minor glitches on load screens to games, but they quickly go away and the games seem to start and return to home faster than before. I have no real issues yet, I'm just wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The “Desktop display option” is removed on the browser from ICS, every time I have to select “Request desktop site” when I first open the browser.
    mohamed likes this.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times

Post-ICS Upgrade: Do you see any ICS-related issues on your A100?

Please only post your ICS issues here that you are experiencing on your A100 after upgrading.

If you see any issue below you know a solution to - please provide it.

So far we've seen reports about:

1) The tablet seems slower/apps hanging/general lag
    Sometimes with the browser but also a general sense of slower performance.
    Note: Some users have reported a reboot and even a hard reset helped clear it up but not confirmed as a solution for all.

2) Full-screen youtube videos in HQ causes crashes in Dolphin HD browser
    (Related to the app as the stock browser plays it fine).

3) Adobe Flash in the browser
    Both stock & Dolphin HD - is less reliable especially when using HDMI out. Occasional hangs, crashes, etc.
    Note: New release of Flash came out Apr 28 to address stability issues but does not appear to resolve reported issues.

4) Trouble turning the tablet back on.
    After just turning off the screen the tablet sometimes now require you to power off and on to get it up and running again.

Quirks:
    a) The 'confirm/cancel' or 'yes'/'no' options in pop-ups are now reversed so the positive options are to the right and the negative options are to the left. Odd.
    Last edited by Darkbulb; 04-30-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My tab is slower after update to 4.0. Slower on web access. Apps hanging up. It was better on 3.2. I did reboot, did not help.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree, not so good as honey comb, many apps freeze, and send report.

manny time the keybord reactivity is awfull, take time up to 4 second to appear, and you can type ten letter before you start to see them on screen.

so the small issue with honey comb become worst with ICS.

Ans sometime I got a black screen for ten seconds,

some ingeneer from microsoft goes to google ??

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    So far I've experienced one issue but that seems to be application-compatibility-related:
    When viewing youtube videos in HQ on DOLPHIN HD browswer and switching to full-screen mode the app crashes.
    When doing the same with the stock browser it works fine.

One 'odd' thing I realized is that in ICS all the 'confirm'/'yes' options in pop-ups are now to the right and the 'cancel'/'no' options in pop-ups are on the left. Somewhat annoying.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    One new bug: Adobe Flash in the browser - both stock & Dolphin HD - is less reliable especially when using HDMI out. Occasional hangs, crashes, etc.

Overall, performance on ICS is at least as good as 3.2 and 3.2.1, and battery life may be slightly better.
    No difference in app stability, all my apps are still reliable, expect different results here depending on the apps people run.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After update my tablet when I would turn screen off it would turn off but then i'd try to turn it back on it never turns back on. so i power off the tablet, try to restart it but it gets stuck on the ACER screen for a while. I reset it twice to get it back up and running. this never happened before the update.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I often have the browser freeze on me and it is unresponsive until I get the wait/kill message. I can just click wait and it is immediately available. Very annoying.

I also get some general slow down after using the tablet for a while like there is a mem leak that needs plugged. Overall, I like the new features, but they need to stabilize it a bit.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    There is a recent flash player 11 update for 4.0 related issues.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links