• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Post-ICS Upgrade: Do you see any ICS-related issues on your A100?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MRC01 View Post
    The Google app store tracks every app you've bought or downloaded. If you ever need to reinstall them, they're available. You will not have to pay again for what you already paid for.
    Unfortunately, it lists all those apps you've uninstalled or put on other devices. So by testing out a bunch of apps that I decided to get rid of, when I reset my phone recently, it listed hundreds of apps to reinstall. Maybe a couple dozen of them had recently been on the phone, or wanted.
    The app store, now known as Google Play, won't let you just delete an app once you've downloaded it. It's listed there forever. And on the web, so is every Android device you've ever added to that account, including current devices that you've reset and had to re-add. Because I once did a factory reset, I now have two "A100" devices listed and there is no way to get rid of one, so I renamed it "A100 old."
    There have been thousands of requests for years for Google to add a full delete ability, but so far, they aren't listening.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Los Angeles, California, United States, 110970792260960, Los Angeles, California
    Liked
    0 times
    Before the update it connected to Wifi within seconds. Now I get a 'not connected' message almost every time I turn the tablet on. Any solutions?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Unfortunately, it lists all those apps you've uninstalled or put on other devices. So by testing out a bunch of apps that I decided to get rid of, when I reset my phone recently, it listed hundreds of apps to reinstall. Maybe a couple dozen of them had recently been on the phone, or wanted.
    The app store, now known as Google Play, won't let you just delete an app once you've downloaded it. It's listed there forever. And on the web, so is every Android device you've ever added to that account, including current devices that you've reset and had to re-add. Because I once did a factory reset, I now have two "A100" devices listed and there is no way to get rid of one, so I renamed it "A100 old."
    There have been thousands of requests for years for Google to add a full delete ability, but so far, they aren't listening.
    Appbrain works well for stock devices. It is linked to the play store and has its own set of reviews for apps and a ton more search and listing options. The android app links to your account on the website. It can save snapshots of what apps you have and makes it easy to reinstall if you have multiple devices (or old devices) on a single account. It is very handy.

Top Android Apps and Games in the Android Market | AppBrain.com

Before the update it connected to Wifi within seconds. Now I get a 'not connected' message almost every time I turn the tablet on. Any solutions?
    I normally just toggle airplane mode from the status bar.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MRC01 View Post
    The Google app store tracks every app you've bought or downloaded. If you ever need to reinstall them, they're available. You will not have to pay again for what you already paid for.
    I guess that's good news. But has anyone tried the factory reset for any glitchy or slow responses with their a100? Did it correct the issues?

CJSF

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am also having numerous problems already mentioned and for me, at least, it outweighs any of the "benefits" I mean, yes its nice that we can now create our own folders for multiple related apps and all. But how much good does that do if my daily usage of this device for web browsing and watching YouTube vids is a thoroughly miserable and frustrating e,patience 90 percent of the time?

The browser is slow as molasses and freezes up totally often. And how much good is it really going to do sending all these reports since Google is obviously not the most responsive company around? And if Google eventually addresses these issues with an upgrade, Acer certainly takes its own sweet time getting updates out to their users.

Aside from wanting to give Android a try because I was sick and tired of. the "walled garden" approach of IOS, I also wanted to be able to view vids which people would post links to as part of ongoing discussions on another site in which I regularly participate. This was severely limited due to Apples refusal to enable Flash on iPhones.

But with the state of things now on this tablet, its next to useless for YouTube viewing. It was bad before ICS and now its worse. If I want to watch more than one or two short vids consecutively, I might as well forget it. I frequently like to watch multiple reviews on things im considering purchasing, but when the video plays for two seconds, buffers for 5-10 seconds over and

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    And the issue of sudden disappearance of the keyboard in the middle of typing as just happened above. No matter how much pushing I did, it wouldn't come back. So, I had to shut it off completely and start again to reboot.

So, between the browser, the keyboard and the constant YouTube buffering ever few seconds (making it impossible to hear. The speaker finishing a sentence and totally losing the train of thought) the ICS update has made my daily usage a thoroughly miserable experience.

Honeycomb was a patchwork incomplete system and ICS is of little value to me IMHO. Im tired of being an uncompensated and unwilling Beta tester ( ie: guinea pig ) for a. Jay--and operating system.

After over six months of this nonsense, I done really see an end in sight anytime soon, do you? What is going to change this ridiculous state of affairs? And how long is it going to take?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cacambo43 View Post
    I guess that's good news. But has anyone tried the factory reset for any glitchy or slow responses with their a100? Did it correct the issues?

CJSF
    Doing a factory reset might clear up some issues. Think of it like installing PC drivers on top of one another. Sometimes it can cause issues, a clean driver install will fix them (ie graphics drivers). Some similar issues could arise with OS patches and updates.

Also browser issues can be trouble shooted by installing and trying another browser, like dolphin or ICS+ browser, or maybe boat browser.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hey all, long time forum browser, first time poster-having a black Friday a100, I had to jump through more thana few hoops to get my ics update. Since updating, I've encountered numerous bugs as well-sleep mode shut down, non working power button, freezing browser, basically everything except the stereo popping-anyone know of any Acer or community effort to create some fixes? I didn't mind honeycomb, and it was stable to boot, nothing but disappointment as far as ics goes * sigh*

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Hello MrBrown welcome to the forum friend.

Have you tried factory resetting the tab and see if you get rid of the bugs?

-end of line-
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttonstc View Post
    I am also having numerous problems already mentioned and for me, at least, it outweighs any of the "benefits" ...
    If you want to go back to 3.2.1, it's easy to do. I and others have posted instructions on this forum.

As a former iPad user, I'm not going back to the walled garden. But that's why there are different systems for different folks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links